2004 RM125 help

Hello everyone first off I’m new on here so thanks for any help in advance. When ordering oem parts for a 2004 RM125 or any year how do I know what model to order? For example when I order any part it gives me several options as in cylinder k1, cylinder k2, an so on k3,k4,k5,k6. I do not have the original owners manual or title. I have ordered parts for k1 model an most have been right save for a fork bolt which my bike ended up having much newer forks. I have read forums from the past but could not find a real answer so please help.

1 hour ago, Travis Martin said:

Hello everyone first off I’m new on here so thanks for any help in advance. When ordering oem parts for a 2004 RM125 or any year how do I know what model to order? For example when I order any part it gives me several options as in cylinder k1, cylinder k2, an so on k3,k4,k5,k6. I do not have the original owners manual or title. I have ordered parts for k1 model an most have been right save for a fork bolt which my bike ended up having much newer forks. I have read forums from the past but could not find a real answer so please help.

Welcome and you the RM is an AWESOME bike!

2004 RM125 will be model K4 - I have a 2004 RM125 as well

Some of the fastener parts you need to pay attention to on the online deal as it will list the K1 --> first so you have to look down in the list for K4 and so on.

Good prices on OEM parts

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/oem-schematic/11

As well as aftermarket parts to:

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/Parts-Finder/3601/2004-SUZUKI-RM125

Edited by ar2stroke

6 minutes ago, ar2stroke said:

Welcome and you the RM is an AWESOME bike!

2004 RM125 will be model K4 - I have a 2004 RM125 as well

Some of the fastener parts you need to pay attention to on the online deal as it will list the K1 --> first so you have to look down in the list for K4 and so on.

Good prices on OEM parts

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/oem-schematic/11

As well as aftermarket parts to:

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/Parts-Finder/3601/2004-SUZUKI-RM125

Thank you so much I have been searching for this answer for months. I love my bike I had an 01 back in 01 an loved it so I had to have another one so I got the 04. I have another question for you. Can you send me a pic of your fork cap? I ordered one an it took 2 months to get here an it’s wrong an I’m wondering if I have newer forks. It’s almost the same but the diamond part on the inner cap is more of an oval not diamond 

19 minutes ago, Travis Martin said:

Thank you so much I have been searching for this answer for months. I love my bike I had an 01 back in 01 an loved it so I had to have another one so I got the 04. I have another question for you. Can you send me a pic of your fork cap? I ordered one an it took 2 months to get here an it’s wrong an I’m wondering if I have newer forks. It’s almost the same but the diamond part on the inner cap is more of an oval not diamond 

Your welcome, here is the fork cap.

2004_RM125_forkCap.jpg

6 minutes ago, ar2stroke said:

Your welcome, here is the fork cap.

2004_RM125_forkCap.jpg

Thanks again you have no idea how long I have been trying to figure my forks out that’s the same cap on mine so I must have made the mistake of ordering a k1. I called Showa an about every suspension company an they all said I would have to send them to them. I must have newer triple clamps though my bars are rubber mount, another thing I have been trying to figure out because I need new rubber mounts an have no idea what year to order them for. Thank you 

4 minutes ago, Travis Martin said:

Thanks again you have no idea how long I have been trying to figure my forks out that’s the same cap on mine so I must have made the mistake of ordering a k1. I called Showa an about every suspension company an they all said I would have to send them to them. I must have newer triple clamps though my bars are rubber mount, another thing I have been trying to figure out because I need new rubber mounts an have no idea what year to order them for. Thank you 

Your welcome, put up a pic of mine after rebuild (still need to get new tires on  it).

3 hours ago, Eric@ScottsPerformance said:

Hmm, 2004 RM125 had solid triple clamps with no rubbers. 2005 was the first year of the rubber mounted triple clamps.

Thanks-

Eric

Thank you I think I’m going to try ordering the rubbers for an 05. When I bought the bike I was told it’s an 05 but the vin on the frame is 04 an I bought it off the second owner who knows nothing about the bike. When I rebuilt the motor I found the cylinder was sleeved an bored for a 56mm piston so I’m also in search of a new cylinder. Bike runs awesome the sleeve was in perfect shape an I had it ported an the head cut an shaved but It blows base gaskets about every 6 to 8 hours an I have done everything I can to try to prevent this an I’m not an expert at all but from research I have done the only explanation I can come up with is the sleeve gets hot an blows the base gasket out. It has never happened on any smaller track it has actually happened every time at Budds Creek so my theory is it gets hot there over other tracks because it’s so wide open an has big hills. It’s just a theory of mine an I figure why not get a new cylinder an see what happens. Another mechanic has told me to try going .80 over on the rod an that will fix it but I haven’t got a chance to talk to anyone about if that will actually work? 

27 minutes ago, Yokomo said:

I don't think it has much low end.  I did a mod to up the bottom end some, lower the top end some and really smooth out the "2 stroke hit".  Now it works great for me for trail riding!

So when I first got mine it had a way way to much bottom. Here is how it came, it had a 11 tooth front an 50 rear, bored to a 134, ported for bottom end, procircuit pipe with shorty silencer, the timing was excelled 3mm which is a lot, then the normal stuff like reeds an so on. It went totally flat after 4th gear but it was a rocket ship. I hated it but I ride motocross mostly but if your looking for bottom end try that. It was a great arenacross bike an I never road trails on it when it was set up that way but I’m sure it would have been great if you need that much bottom for trails But I don’t no I have never road trails on anything but a pit bike, it is something I want to try now that I’m a little older.