Milky oil! 99 yz125

Hey guys, i just bought a 1999 yz125 and When i got home i decided to just do some maintenance on it and drianed the oil, when i did it came out really milky like coolant was in it so i filled it back up and rode for a few minutes then drained it again and it had gotten coolant back in it. I think its a water pump seal but the coolant doesnt have any oil in it so im really confused, if the oil has coolant in it then shouldnt the coolant have oil in it? Can yall just offer me a little insight on this and if it is a water pump seal then are there any tips or maybe videos to do it? 

Could just be the right side case gasket. Leaks around the water jacket are common, it's recommended to put a thin layer of yamabond or equivalent on the gasket at that water jacket whole. A new gasket certainly wouldn't hurt either. Check out the water pump while it's apart.

58 minutes ago, Kinger317 said:

Could just be the right side case gasket. Leaks around the water jacket are common, it's recommended to put a thin layer of yamabond or equivalent on the gasket at that water jacket whole. A new gasket certainly wouldn't hurt either. Check out the water pump while it's apart.

ok so does that mean i would just haveto take off the water pump instead of taking off the whole side of the case? Thanks!

Edited by Thomas Garmoe

1 hour ago, Thomas Garmoe said:

ok so does that mean i would just haveto take off the water pump instead of taking off the whole side of the case? Thanks!

Kinger is saying right side case. Not split the case.

Buy a new gasket, look over the manual, and even put a little gasket sealant maker around just the water jacket.

But: best thing to do with a new to you bike is new seals, gaskets, wheel bearings, and clean lube all linkage/swing arm and head tube.

This will be the same even though it is 01. 

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/582255/Yamaha-Yz125-N-Lc.html?page=2#manual

Edited by 2 STROKE YZ DOC

1 hour ago, 2 STROKE YZ DOC said:

Kinger is saying right side case. Not split the case.

Buy a new gasket, look over the manual, and even put a little gasket sealant maker around just the water jacket.

But: best thing to do with a new to you bike is new seals, gaskets, wheel bearings, and clean lube all linkage/swing arm and head tube.

This will be the same even though it is 01. 

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/582255/Yamaha-Yz125-N-Lc.html?page=2#manual

Thanks for all the info, i really appreciate the link! I probably will do that soon but for now i just wanna get it running good.

7 minutes ago, Thomas Garmoe said:

Thanks for all the info, i really appreciate the link! I probably will do that soon but for now i just wanna get it running good.

That is why I said engine seals/gaskets. You have a bad gasket, who's to say you din't have a bad seal and it will not run at the top? 

So, if you can't get it to run crisp, I would get it done right, then onto suspension..

BAM!

Carry on.