What is my bike worth......pics

What's my bike worth. 2001 E plated with cylinder works big bore, MRD exhaust. New tires tubes wheel bearings seals chain and sprockets with less than 5 miles riding on them. Extra rear rim with rotor, sprocket, new bearings and seals with paddle tire. Taller street sprockets and chain, original exhaust cylinder and piston. Runs great with Michigan motorcycle title. Service manual as well.

IMG_3126.JPG

IMG_3122.JPG

IMG_3125.JPG

IMG_3124.JPG

IMG_3123.JPG

What ever a local buyer is willing to pay look at past sales in your area base it off that

Do a lot of people and places I associate with a motorcycle that’s been opened up by anybody other than a trusted know shop it’s just a parts bike there after

Somebody else may look at all the work you’ve done as a plus

When I was shopping for a dual sport very skeptical on any bike with a big bore- did it blow up, was it abused, who did the rebuild, etc.
You forgot the unknown of bigbore brand. You can buy a no name kit for less than $200 on eBay. I've seen pictures on here of unknown pistons that absolutely shattered...

That said a big bore when done correctly is a very worthwhile modification for this engine. The engine already has 450 class sized valves. The larger bore effectively unshrouds them which contributes to the gain.

At the end of the day the DRZ is a dirt bike and the same rules apply as an used dirt bike. Dirt bikes tend to be used and abused. If you're not a savvy mechanically inclined person experienced with dirt bikes than it is best to bring someone along that is to careful inspect the bike prior to any purchase.
  • Like 1

I have a 2001 E model plated as well. I rebuilt my upper but kept it stock. Based on what I see online in my area, I'd price my bike's value at about $3,000. My bike is about the same as yours as far as condition as well. S models routinely go for $4,000 around me. Sorry to say that I don't think your upgrades would result in much of a return on investment. Maybe a $200 difference but I could see it cutting the other way.

As others said, it is a dirt bike and there are many like it, but what I think sets this bike aside from other bikes is the easy maintenance schedule. I just picked up a CRF450r and I'm shocked at the difference. As you know, you can go for quite awhile before needing an oil change vs other bikes in its class, or what I would argue is its class.

If I were you, I wouldn't focus on the fact that it has a big bore kit. I would focus on realiability and let the ride and power when they blip the throttle speak for itself and focus on how a new DRZ-E owner could go an entire season without maintenance worries while getting nearly same same performance as a large engine MX bike.  

Edited by Augoose

9 hours ago, ohiodrz400sm said:

At the end of the day the DRZ is a dirt bike and the same rules apply as an used dirt bike. Dirt bikes tend to be used and abused. If you're not a savvy mechanically inclined person experienced with dirt bikes than it is best to bring someone along that is to careful inspect the bike prior to any purchase.

NOW I learn this......

And Myers Racing is a SCAM.....

On 10/29/2018 at 9:56 PM, Stuwy123 said:

In Alberta Canada. $2750 list price with all the extras. Take $2250 for it, that's if you find anyone interested in a 17 year old dirt bike (not street-legal).

He said it was plated. Street legal

On 10/30/2018 at 9:11 PM, highmarker said:

Paddle tire would be turn off for me, I'd leave it out of the ad and sell it later.

I don't know he's in Michigan , they have have sand dunes that they like to ride at up there. Might be a selling point

11 hours ago, whisky402 said:

I don't know he's in Michigan , they have have sand dunes that they like to ride at up there. Might be a selling point

Paddle Tire = Ridden in sand. 

Sand = not your grandma's backyard, its very tough on engines.

So the guy with the paddle makes me thing the bikes's been whooped.  Plus the big bore. Which makes me thing he blew up the bike on the dunes.