filterx

Issue with inserting @ usernames in a reply or post

Question

Any time I inset a user name in a reply or post the cursor stays inside the name of the insert and I can not delete the user name or do anything else.

I usually have to type in text leave spaces and go back and insert the @ username. I just insert this and  I can type after doing it but nothing with it or after it.

@Brian Wilson

8 answers to this question

Any time I inset a user name in a reply or post the cursor stays inside the name of the insert and I can not delete the user name or do anything else.
I usually have to type in text leave spaces and go back and insert the @ username. I just insert this and  I can type after doing it but nothing with it or after it.
[mention=2]Brian Wilson[/mention]

Phone or desktop computer?

18 minutes ago, Brian Wilson said:

Making a test post on iPhone with my own name @Brian Wilson to see if it works.

First test worked! Trying again @Brian Wilson and no problems

Latest FireFox on my laptop. Same as last time we did a screen share.

@filterx and it seems to work fine with my own name now that I just tried but not anyone else's and I don't  get the black box around my name,

Don't get a notification i post my own name

Edited by filterx

16 hours ago, filterx said:

Latest FireFox on my laptop. Same as last time we did a screen share.

@filterx and it seems to work fine with my own name now that I just tried but not anyone else's and I don't  get the black box around my name,

Don't get a notification i post my own name

Sounds like you've got a stuck/old JavaScript file getting stuck in your cache/temp internet files.

Try going to a topic where the reply box is showing, and then hitting CTRL+SHIFT+R on your keyboard to refresh your browser cache and see if it starts working for you then. 

18 hours ago, filterx said:

@Brian Wilson yep seems to work fine now and thanks cus IMO thats an obscure key combo that I didn't know about :)

We just published a few minor changes to the website JavaScript a few minutes ago so you may have to clear it one more time if anything isn't working right

4 hours ago, Brian Wilson said:

We just published a few minor changes to the website JavaScript a few minutes ago so you may have to clear it one more time if anything isn't working right

Ya I did have a few weird issues yesterday after I tested but the key combo seem to fix it.

This is a test @Brian Wilson test seems to work fine without a cache clear.

Thanks!

Still seem to be having some weird issues and don't think CTRL+SHIFT+R is working the same. As just used CTRL+SHIFT+DEL and cleared cache.

Test - initially worked but if i type text after and back space to delete, as soon as the cursor goes into the black field, I can't add anything after the insert.

@Brian Wilson

ya something is weird cus I can now add a new line but nothing right after the black field. 

Hard to describe and duplicate.

Edited by filterx