best brake pads - metallic or semi-metallic?

ive got brakings oversize wave rotor kit and a fastline front brakeline works great!!!

Who in there right mind uses brakes :)

Man they just piss me off cuz they slow me down. anyway you can shave 5 pounds or better if you take em off :D

I say this without 100% certainty, but, I believe brakes are like most anything else, a trade off.

I am looking specifically to have the best stopping power and am willing to replace the pads often.

Anyone use anything other than EBC pads? I've read here that the stock CR250 pads are very good (compared to the yammie). Any opinions there?

I want a better front brake!

Stainless line and new pads. Which are the best pads to buy? EBC pads come in metallic or non-metallic. Which have better stopping power?

Thanks!

Steve T

I say this without 100% certainty, but, I believe brakes are like most anything else, a trade off. The higher friction pads will not last as long, therefore, I say the non-metallic probably will have more stopping power, and you'll be replacing them often, so buy an extra set.

Id call braking and ask that question. Ive ridden a Kawasaki with a braking 260mm deal on front. That thing stopped like a formula 1 car.

go buy some DP Pro MX pads. These pads combined with a CR routed line give you awesome brakes. Later,

Garrett

Anyone know where to get the DP Pro MX pads on-line?

Otherwise I have to get a local person order from Parts Unlimited...

Steve T

[ May 23, 2002: Message edited by: skthom2320 ]

My vote as well on the DP MX pads. Be aware that make three different compounds, and you have to be very specific about the "MX PRO".

I think there's a typo in the White Brother's book that throws the counter guys off.

DaveJ