Snider

Newbie maybe, looking for advice

I have a 2018 Beta 200 that I bought specifically because my older Beta 270 had too much kick when it got going. I'm just learning and had trouble controlling it. The 200 is way fun.

Make sure you go to events and meet locals. Trials folks are very welcoming of new folks. They will help you with everything. And events are more fun than practicing in your own back yard.

• Like 2

Cool! Now get rid of those knobbies and fit some proper trials tires so it will ride right. Wonder if the dealer would trade? The extra tank is cool, you can really tire yourself out before you run out of gas. You'll have fun with this one! Congratulations.

Oh man , this thing is a blast.. My only complaint is it has miserable clutch action.. super grabby. I figured a trials bike would have superb clutch action.. Maybe it will "break in"?

Oh man , this thing is a blast.. My only complaint is it has miserable clutch action.. super grabby. I figured a trials bike would have superb clutch action.. Maybe it will "break in"?
It should have a great clutch. If it doesn't smooth out after a bit try Maxima MTL 75 in it. I really like the feel it gives mine.

Did a couple hours on it yesterday.. So much fun.. I'm glad I got the 200.. plenty of power and torque,pleasantly quiet.. Going into town to get fluids for it..  the clutch works better now.. still a bit grabby but I think it will loosen up with time.. manual says mix gas at 60 to 1.. is that right?

• Like 1

Did a couple hours on it yesterday.. So much fun.. I'm glad I got the 200.. plenty of power and torque,pleasantly quiet.. Going into town to get fluids for it..  the clutch works better now.. still a bit grabby but I think it will loosen up with time.. manual says mix gas at 60 to 1.. is that right?
Depends on the oil you use. I run 60:1 with super M, but 80:1 with top quality synthetics like K2. I go with what the oil maker recommends. You may also want to take a look at your jetting. Almost every trials bike sold is too lean on the bottom and too rich on top. You'll end up with a 48,52,or 55 pilot in order to get the air screw 1 1/2 turns out, and a 120 or so main. Usually they're delivered set up quite differently and don't run their best without some attention. It definitely pays to spend some time tuning for your conditions.

I'm running 80:1 pre-mix with Motul 800 or 710 as per manual.... did you have a fun time installing fuel filters with the long range tank seat?  

Ignore the dirty girl, she desperately needs a bath except its 20 degrees outside in New Jersey

0114191332.jpg.44038e1d2abd7aeb66d11d368b8f2d89.jpg

You can do the "beta clutch fix" look up a website called trial's central, or just Google the above, also take the clutch side cover off and if it has 6 spring in the clutch basket remove 2 opposing ones, this will smooth out the clutch