Cut out at high RPM

Looking at the pic again you don't have pressure on the cam chain. That will pull them back a hair. Verify the piston is actually at tdc like bucketlist says and push the tensioner in with your finger to tighten the chain to make sure it doesn't drastically change the position.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

Thank you all for the advice, bike is running like normal now, feels great! Did just a short test in front of the house, I really shouldn't be riding right now due to injury. Check out the video below of my crash from August!
Also just fyi I do have the TT MCCT installed along with FCR and 3x3. Stock exhaust still as I love how quiet it is.

• Like 1

That's pretty tough. It looks like the front wheel deflected immediately to the right at the same moment it came into contact with the tires...or the small gap between the tires, can't be certain. Perhaps you were trying to regain control?

Just do everything necessary to get healthy and strong again, including not risking further damage once you are this far into the healing process.

Edited by shuswap1

6 hours ago, small_and_fast said:

Thank you all for the advice, bike is running like normal now, feels great! Did just a short test in front of the house, I really shouldn't be riding right now due to injury. Check out the video below of my crash from August!
Also just fyi I do have the TT MCCT installed along with FCR and 3x3. Stock exhaust still as I love how quiet it is.

What got your bike running well again?

From the earlier posts, it sounds like the cam timing was off.

3 hours ago, Juney said:
21 hours ago, bucket list said:

From the earlier posts, it sounds like the cam timing was off.

Seems like it, but I'd want to know WHY.

Would just be nice if he would fill us in on some of the details. Malcolm?

On 11/19/2018 at 6:18 PM, bucket list said:

Seems like it, but I'd want to know WHY.

Would just be nice if he would fill us in on some of the details. Malcolm?

Sorry for the delay, lots of craziness around here this week, small basement flood and restoration company in!

At TDC I put the cam's in the proper position/timing and everything seems to be great. I am not sure what caused the cams to go out, perhaps when I changed to my MCCT and was adjusting that, I may of had that to loose while trying to find the sweet spot. Cam chain doesn't have significant miles on it, so I don't imagine it being stretched. I'll just have to do hot cams and a new cc to be safe 😆😆

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1