Run bike with stabilized gas?

I've never let my bike sit for longer than a few days.  I got injured and wasn't sure when I would be riding it again so I filled the tank with 91 and added fuel stabilzer.  I pulled the carb, disassembled and cleaned.  Its only been about a month but I am ready to ride again.  Do I run the bike with full tank of stabilized gas after 1 month of sitting or drain / store and add fresh?  I know its a silly question but just want to make sure before I fire it up.  Thanks!

25 minutes ago, Sasha Rudolfski said:

I've never let my bike sit for longer than a few days.  I got injured and wasn't sure when I would be riding it again so I filled the tank with 91 and added fuel stabilzer.  I pulled the carb, disassembled and cleaned.  Its only been about a month but I am ready to ride again.  Do I run the bike with full tank of stabilized gas after 1 month of sitting or drain / store and add fresh?  I know its a silly question but just want to make sure before I fire it up.  Thanks!

If your using Stabil or Startron and dose according yes, the whole idea is to run with it in your gas all the time,,,stored, down the road long trips..short trips.

If it is another brand I cant say as I don't use it, so check with the manufacture 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Erik Marquez said:

If your using Stabil or Startron and dose according yes, the whole idea is to run with it in your gas all the time,,,stored, down the road long trips..short trips.

If it is another brand I cant say as I don't use it, so check with the manufacture 

It is the Sta-bil brand.  Put 30ml stabilizer with full tank of gas.

So even if the bike never sits for more than a day or two I would add stabilizer every time I fill up or just when it sits for a week or more?

Just now, Sasha Rudolfski said:

It is the Sta-bil brand.  Put 30ml stabilizer with full tank of gas.

So even if the bike never sits for more than a day or two I would add stabilizer every time I fill up or just when it sits for a week or more?

Yes, its not just about storage, it also helps to minimize corrosion caused by the ethanol and the water ethanol absorbs. I prefer the STA-BIL 360° MARINE brand and type in my off road bikes, fleet of trainer bikes and power equipment that is used with or around water 
For everything else the standard STA-BIL 360°   
The "360°" part is what they claim to be sort of off gassing that is said to help protect the steel parts above the liquid line, so steel tanks and caps above fuel line, other parts of the fuel system that have gas but are not 100% in contact with liquid fuel.

Is it snake oil or or real?
All I know is my trainer bikes 90 some odd bikes I maintain and manage that go from MY 2001 to 2017 ..DR200, Bn125, Groms, Zpro 125 and a fuel more see less corrosion in the fuel caps and steel tanks above the fuel line than they did before we started using STA-BIL 360°®MARINE. I use the STA-BIL 360°®MARINE version because they see more time in the rain, refueled ran or shine, stored in a steel conex so see wild temp swings which caused condensation in the steel tanks and carbs. 

And I use to have to service carbs on any of the bikes that sat for 2 - 3 weeks unused, after using STA-BIL 360°®MARINE i can get away with 4-6 weeks. 

Stabil Marine will keep you gas for two years if you give it a double dose on your ratio, but then again it seems we have easier access to ethanol free fuel up north here, Shell, Esso, Ultramar and a few others the premium fuel is ethanol free.

• Like 2

good to know this stuff! I had no idea it is beneficial to use year round even if bike is ran everyday.  So back to original question... Yes I can run it and might even be beneficial to run it w STA-BIL year round...correct? 

I could have stablized the fuel and fired the bike up, ran some fuel thru the carb and let it sit like that without even pulling the carb?

Edited by Sasha Rudolfski
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Sasha Rudolfski said:

So back to original question... Yes I can run it and might even be beneficial to run it w STA-BIL year round...correct? 

Correct. Since I never know when my bikes or vehicles may sit for a while, they get Stabil in every single tank (year round, always have). My daily driver is the only thing that gets just regular gas.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Sasha Rudolfski said:

good to know this stuff! I had no idea it is beneficial to use year round even if bike is ran everyday.  So back to original question... Yes I can run it and might even be beneficial to run it w STA-BIL year round...correct? 

I could have stablized the fuel and fired the bike up, ran some fuel thru the carb and let it sit like that without even pulling the carb?

All of my bikes and and yard equipment whether 4 or 2 stroke run on fuel with stabilizer, I like a marine stabilizer such as Sta-bil Marine because of the added properties in the mix, I have 2 bikes and a pile of equipment such as lawn tractor, snowblowers, weed whackers etc and Ive had all of the carbs pulled apart for inspection and I haven't seen any tarnish or crap build up, I know down in the U.S there has been a increase in ethanol usage, up here in Canada it seems it is getting less and less as ethanol plants have been closing, but don't quote me on that, ethanol is your enemy on small engines, many people still think gas is gas, the small engine repair shops are making a killing removing the sludge, and that sludge is living critters in your fuel system,  If you cant find ethanol free gas, go to a marina for fuel if its possible, they will have ethanol free fuel.