PW80 replace/repair suspension

Hi.  I bought a Yamaha PW80 for my son (actually he bought it).  It was relatively cheap and I thought everything on it is probably cheap to replace.  Long before I expected it he is jumping it and the suspension is bottoming out.  I was shocked when the bike shop told me it's high AU$300s for the rear suspension.  There are aftermarket for AU$50 - AU$100 however I am very skeptical about the quality.  Can anyone give me some advice please regarding a reliable aftermarket, whether there is a reconditioning kit, any other suggestions.  I'm in Australia.

Thanks

Chris

4 hours ago, therealmacman said:

Hi.  I bought a Yamaha PW80 for my son (actually he bought it).  It was relatively cheap and I thought everything on it is probably cheap to replace.  Long before I expected it he is jumping it and the suspension is bottoming out.  I was shocked when the bike shop told me it's high AU$300s for the rear suspension.  There are aftermarket for AU$50 - AU$100 however I am very skeptical about the quality.  Can anyone give me some advice please regarding a reliable aftermarket, whether there is a reconditioning kit, any other suggestions.  I'm in Australia.

Thanks

Chris

Is that rear shock that does not have a Nitrogen/oil reservoir ?

• 5 months later...
Thanks
Chris

I bought a shock on amazon for my pw80. I’m 110 pounds and it’s perfect. It’s a really tight fit in the bike but it works. I don’t know if it will fit with the oil tank on it though. I removed the oil injection on mine. That shock can be adjusted and should work fine for people up to 200 pounds. I wanted to raise my bike up so I drilled new holes in the frame to position the top of the shock further down to make the bike sit taller. You will need some spacers as the shock eyelets are skinnier than the original shock. Here’s the link to it.
https://www.amazon.com/Absorber-Assembly-Coolster-Roketa-X-Treme/dp/B00N42ZHEK/ref=asc_df_B00N42ZHEK/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312050280935&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=8138798846933217658&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9010793&hvtargid=pla-566868254136&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=61716360643&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=312050280935&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=8138798846933217658&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9010793&hvtargid=pla-566868254136