Sburesh

arizona CALLING ARIZONA RESIDENTS

Hi All!

My SO and I are planning a trip to Tucson for the week after Xmas until the first of January (plan to be down there from the 26th-1st).

I am excited to load the bikes up and get out of the harsh Nebraska Winter weather this year.

I was curious if there were any "must see" parks, tracks, etc. in AZ. We are willing to do some traveling but will be near Tucson most of the time. As mentioned we are willing to try just about any riding medium out so let us know!

Thanks in advance guys & gals!!

-Shane

Just north of the town of Florence is some great riding.  Look up this site http://azoffroading.com/arizona-trails/ . You can spend several days there and not hit all the trails.  Lots of rock good climbs/down hills.  I have not found any single track there, but still lots of fun. Don't land in a cactus! From tucson its about 1 hour drive north.  DON'T speed thru Catalina.  Also old town Florence has some great old fashion Mexican food places.

This site has downloadable GPS tracks if you use a gps.  https://www.jeeptheusa.com/apache-junction-jeep-trails.html.

Tuscon has Chivo Falls and Redington Pass so plenty to keep you happy.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rv4bob said:

Just north of the town of Florence is some great riding.  Look up this site http://azoffroading.com/arizona-trails/ . You can spend several days there and not hit all the trails.  Lots of rock good climbs/down hills.  I have not found any single track there, but still lots of fun. Don't land in a cactus! From tucson its about 1 hour drive north.  DON'T speed thru Catalina.  Also old town Florence has some great old fashion Mexican food places.

This site has downloadable GPS tracks if you use a gps.  https://www.jeeptheusa.com/apache-junction-jeep-trails.html.

Tuscon has Chivo Falls and Redington Pass so plenty to keep you happy.

Thank you I will look into it!

I don't live out there, but love to go out there and ride. The closest place to you that I know of is about two hours north of you near Carefree called Wildcat. It's a blast. There's a little of everything. Sand washes, single-track, rocks, sand, hills that are really knarly. We got lucky in August and got to ride right after it rained.

• Like 1

Hi All!

My SO and I are planning a trip to Tucson for the week after Xmas until the first of January (plan to be down there from the 26th-1st).

I am excited to load the bikes up and get out of the harsh Nebraska Winter weather this year.

I was curious if there were any "must see" parks, tracks, etc. in AZ. We are willing to do some traveling but will be near Tucson most of the time. As mentioned we are willing to try just about any riding medium out so let us know!

Thanks in advance guys & gals!!

-Shane

There's a large OHV area called 'Redington Pass' on the NE side of Tucson...its rocky, steep and has difficult jeep trails and single track.

Do you have OHV (off highway vehicle) stickers for your bikes? Do you have plated dual sports or off-road/track bikes?

• Like 1

There's a large OHV area called 'Redington Pass' on the NE side of Tucson...its rocky, steep and has difficult jeep trails and single track.

Do you have OHV (off highway vehicle) stickers for your bikes? Do you have plated dual sports or off-road/track bikes?

No these are straight motocross bikes but make it to wood scenarios occasionally. We could get stickers if you think it would be what we were looking to do?

Tucson has a big MX track called MC Motosports park (MCMP) on the south side of town...its less than couple hours drive to Motoland MX park in Casa Grande...about 3 hrs to Arizona Cycle Park (ACP) in Buckeye, north of Gila Bend.

• Like 1