facts on the new CRF250f

I just watched an into video and a training video on the new 2019 crf-F models coming from Honda.  The 110 / 125 F & fb along with the all new 250f will receive fuel injection along with new frames,  bodywork and other details.  The injection system includes 2 led lights on the switch for eng and a warning the key is on.  There's a separate low fuel indicator.  They claim the 250 is all new from the ground up.  New frame,  new Air cooled fuel injected 250 cc motor.  Disks frt and rear.  They didn't release full specs but did give a couple.  

1.6 gal with .3 gal warning light

Frt travel is 8.5 (wtf,  that's down an inch)

Rear travel is 9.1 on a swing arm that is 1 in longer.

It is now a 5 speed.  

I'll update as soon as honda posts up a full spec sheet.  I'll also compare some sizes and part numbers for bearings,  bolts and axles.  Interested in seeing if parts can be upgraded with what we use on the 230 or if parts can be swapped backwards to the 230 (mainly interested in rear swing arm and brake setup)

PS they introduced the 250 as the 230's REPLACEMENT.  Meaning going forward there will be no more 230's.  So it would appear the 19 230 is the final year.  They currently have $200 with factory to dealer incentives on the 19 crf230f.

Looking at pics I have to wonder if they cut suspension travel in the front to avoid contact between the tire and the head pipe.  Otherwise a set of XR250 forks would be a nice shoe in and if the rear shock is close enough a rebuild/revalved XR250 shock might just do the trick.  She is a porker though 265lbs wet.

im not getting all the hate... the bike cosmetically looks better, has a bigger fork, 22 more cc plus 3.5hp more, rear disc brake, longer wheelbase, and plus the overall engine design (4 valves, more displacement) will surely have more potential modified. yes, not everything they did was for the better possibly, but overall I like the bike and I think many others will too

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yfZsE said:

im not getting all the hate... the bike cosmetically looks better, has a bigger fork, 22 more cc plus 3.5hp more, rear disc brake, longer wheelbase, and plus the overall engine design (4 valves, more displacement) will surely have more potential modified. yes, not everything they did was for the better possibly, but overall I like the bike and I think many others will too

I don't think the 2019 look better. I've always thought the parallel frame bikes look Giraffe like. 

Screenshot 2018-11-07 at 10.43.02 AM.png

Edited by The goat

10 minutes ago, yfZsE said:

that's your opinion, mine is the opposite

If you placed a saddle over the back of a Giraffe, you'd have a modern Japanese MX bike. We all see it different, and I'm not saying you're wrong. However, my mind never responded to the parallel giraffe style bikes. I was so happy when KTM showed the world steel was real. 

Screenshot 2018-11-07 at 10.32.10 AM.png

Screenshot 2018-11-07 at 10.47.40 AM.png

Edited by The goat
  • Like 1