Yay another rebuild after 3 or 4 hours..

13 hours ago, moose_338 said:

His seizing issues are no fault but his own. Running a small bore two stroke wide open down roads will kill it every time.

Europeans have been racing 50 cc two strokes on four mile long road race tracks for decades.  They run wide open for thirty minutes or more. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fr4R2bFuoA

Shifter Karts use 80 cc, 125 cc, & 250 cc 2 cycle MX engines on superspeedways like Daytona.  They run wide open lap after lap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au9NIx9-xjQ

To make any MX 2 cycle engine run wide open for hours, the engine needs to stay cool and lubricated.  That means running large main jets, cool spark plugs, and plenty of quality oil (usually castor based.)   KxOneHundred needs a richer main jet.  Maybe raise float level.  Low speed lean enough to run without fouling.  However too lean can cause seizing when closing the throttle after high RPM runs. 

Best advice for KxOneHundred is, he should consult his local Kart shop that sells and races Shifter Karts 

Edited by solimine
wrong link
  • Like 1

i have ran every single bike i have ever owned wide open to see how much top end it has on the gps never had one scatter yet. stock kx500 i had ran 99 with 14/48 gearing 

All about the jetting, so far I'm almost done with the top end just Doin a few extra things while I'm at it, replacing clutch cable, throttle cable, putting that copper gasket rtv 70degree thingy on my exhaust so it doesn't leak, and a few other things. Actually checked for ring end Gap this time and had to open them up a bit. When I replace the throttle I'm putting in the blue needle from jd jet kit on the 3rd clip as instructed let's see what happens I'll have her running by tomorrow or maybe tonight if I get bored and drink enough coffee [emoji16][emoji477]

The plug looks a bit lean to me, its all one gray color. You trash Namuras when most failures are not the piston but the tune or conditions. I have used many Namuras with no issues piston wise. One thing that many people do is when coming down from a top speed run they do not blip the throttle forcing an engine to spin high rpms with no cooling or lube. The piston in the picture was not a cold seizure but a seizure form lack of oil. 

CR 

1 minute ago, bruce rides the stryker said:

On a 2 cycle to read the plug install new plug on a warmed up motor run it wide open in 5th gear and kill motor remove plug and read it any other method to my knowledge unless you have a egt on the bike is not going to be accurate

Wanna see you go out on your local mx track and do your 5th gear plug test ?? . Some of us only ride tracks seldom see 5th gear. Sound like coming from a expert rode rider ? just saying doesn't need to be in top gear guy lol . Ride it how you ride it go from there is better test 

• Like 1

Not my words buddy but the words of the experts. On how to read a plug on a 2 cycle. I guess you are not smart enough to find a long straight in a field or dirt road and do this. It doesnt have to be 5th gear i am sure 3 or 4th would work. Lets hear your expert opinion and show us ur proven method of how to read the plug. Ride it how you ride it is not how u read a plug on any 2 cycle 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, bruce rides the stryker said:

Not my words buddy but the words of the experts. On how to read a plug on a 2 cycle. I guess you are not smart enough to find a long straight in a field or dirt road and do this. It doesnt have to be 5th gear i am sure 3 or 4th would work. Lets hear your expert opinion and show us ur proven method of how to read the plug. Ride it how you ride it is not how u read a plug on any 2 cycle 

For me been doing it long enough . Sound, feel and by looking at silencer.  I have to jet rich cause how i ride them on mx tracks . Bike in pic 175m 55p 32:1 927 just on pumpgas. I dont even use rubber connectors never have. When i was more serious useing race feul it would be gray powder. Same jetting in 96 cr250 too also powder . Ive never fouled a plug even back to 125 days with brandnew stock jetting.  Yes you could do a wide open plug chop but can just tell. Op need richer jetting we've all said that already cause he rides roads wfo with no load.  

Screenshot_20181013-093526.png

Screenshot_20181013-114351.png

0401181459.jpg

• Like 2

On 11/13/2018 at 11:47 AM, bruce rides the stryker said:

you've confused the portion of jetting that deals with only the main jet vs the entire process. doing a plug chop from wide open throttle gives you what you can ''read' from the base of the plugs insulator. you'll have to cut the threads off to see the main jets mark on the insulator, but it's there. 

the other sections of the plug show different things besides that main jet witness mark. 

jetting only for the main jet won't do much for the idle circuit, the needle, or the air screw. folks that ride woods (me) a lot will test all the circuits and jet for the best of each, not just wide open. 

here's my summer jetting results. 

it's not perfect, but I'm pretty happy with its ability to lug through slow single track all day, or rip the connecting roads to the next radio, without any issues

Effect_20180926_085049.jpg

• Like 1

Reading a Spark Plug-NGK Spark Plugs-Tech Video. i have never heard of anyone cutting a spark plug to read the plug. where is your source for this information ? i want to study the information to see if it is a fact or just someone's opinion. if it is a fact i have been reading plugs wrong for a very long time.

i was telling the guy to do the wide open plug chop because he runs wide open and seized his piston. a lot of readers said he was too lean so for him this would be the best way to see where he is jetting wise. if  one luggs their bike around then of course they do not need to jet like someone who runs wide open.if i lugged my 2 cycle i would jet where it was crisp where i like to have the rpms