Michael Price

Yamaha warrior will not rev running lean

Hi I’ve got 98 Yamaha warrior just got it previous owner said it needed carb work I took the whole carb apart cleaned everything out very good new air filter and spark plug etc it will start on choke but won’t rev at all I did delete the parking break didn’t Chang a thing it’s running really lean any ideas would be helpful 

Did you replace all the jets with new ones? You can’t properly clean jets at home, it’s always worth $7-10 to get some fresh brass in there to eliminate other possibilities.

If we assume your fuel and ignition systems are fine, then that narrows it down to motor problems. Compression test would be a good start there.

The parking brake assembly included a switch that prevents the engine from revving up when parking brake was engaged. This switch may be disconnected since you removed the brake. Wires for switch may have to be shorted together to allow engine to rev. Easiest way to check this is to hook the parking brake switch back up to see if engine revs up.  

5 minutes ago, willie said:

The parking brake assembly included a switch that prevents the engine from revving up when parking brake was engaged. This switch may be disconnected since you removed the brake. Wires for switch may have to be shorted together to allow engine to rev. Easiest way to check this is to hook the parking brake switch back up to see if engine revs up.  

There’s no switch on my raptor 350 parking brake. There’s a clutch switch, but nothing connected to the parking brake. 

2 minutes ago, OKDinosaur said:

There’s no switch on my raptor 350 parking brake. There’s a clutch switch, but nothing connected to the parking brake. 

9 minutes ago, OKDinosaur said:

The 98 Warrior has a parking brake rev limiter switch.

• Like 1