jcarlson9

2017 4 Stroke condenser and diode update

I searched and couldn't find info on the Condenser and diode update. The previous owner sent me the parts but does any one have photos of where there located on the bike ? Thanks !

Take off the air filter cover/panel.  Loosen the 8mm bolt that holds the numberplate and pull up on it.  The condenser and diode are both tucked up above the tool pouch-if you have one, by the subframe upright.  

They are both easily unplugged and plugged in.  Just have to clip a zip tie or two to get the pieces to drop off the subfrrame.  

I shoved mine up under the battery box, make sure you mount them upside down.

This helps prevent corrosion, at least theats what they say...

My dealer said he has mine, but wants me to bring my bike there to be installed? That will be a 12 hr round trip.

38 minutes ago, cruzzer said:

My dealer said he has mine, but wants me to bring my bike there to be installed? That will be a 12 hr round trip.

For something that simple id laugh and tell him to get them in the mail asap!! absolutely unacceptable to expect you to drive 12hrs for something monkey could install

On 11/11/2018 at 2:17 PM, cruzzer said:

If these are bad what issues do you see?

They show corrosion inside the shrink wrap. The corrosion changes the electrical values. The new ones are shrink wrapped differently and the instructions tell you to mount them opposite from the original position with the connector on the downside so water can't collect inside.

BTW, my local dealer gave them to me after recording my VIN# etc (warranty handout) and was fine with me installing them. It's a no brainer.