KRAYNIAL

Fork oil is BLACK

9 hours ago, Goatse said:
11 hours ago, WILLY THE WORT said:
Well, it's back, and the bounce test reveals quite a change in damping.....
Can't wait to try it out. 
11.8.18_20181108_182034.jpg.d13cefdbcfa6e3fcfb4eaf1f0f8653d1.jpg

Read more  

Damn. You must be a large fella.

I am just really tall. 9ft or so. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, hermtrails said:

I've seen a fair few posts about this issue but still haven't been able to determine this--- Are the black OC forks on the 18 model being affected by this issue?
The brochure mentions something about "fork with new sleeves" so I'm hoping they are upgraded

I had the issues with the red tubes.  Bought the '18 black tubes from Steve (motoxgiant).  They too wore.  Not as quickly as the red but they did wear and I caught just as they began to wear and could be coated (by Steve).  Haven't had any issues since.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, moto367 said:

I had the issues with the red tubes.  Bought the '18 black tubes from Steve (motoxgiant).  They too wore.  Not as quickly as the red but they did wear and I caught just as they began to wear and could be coated (by Steve).  Haven't had any issues since.   

The black tubes will house the closed cartridges as well?

Edited by Bermudacat

is the wear an issue with the gold open chambers on my 2017?

theyve been clean the last 2 times I had RJ at too tech go thru em.

Edited by surfer-dude

21 minutes ago, Bermudacat said:

The black tubes will house the closed cartridges as well?

If the tubes are for cc forks, yes. 

• Like 1

Thanks for that. Looks like I'll have to keep a close eye on it

Cosmetic anodizing is stripped off and the hardcoat process is performed, leaving an extremely durable bronze/green finish.

So both the insides and outsides are done, or is there an option for just the wear zone?

2 hours ago, Bermudacat said:

So both the insides and outsides are done, or is there an option for just the wear zone?

Yes and no.Also,The gray green finish is considered a clear finish.After that it can also be dyed black if desired resulting in a flat black look.

Edited by widebear
  • Like 1

Yes and no.Also,The gray green finish is considered a clear finish.After that it can also be dyed black if desired resulting in a flat black look.

The black is the route I went with my hardcoat. I couldn't put no baby sh*t green forks on my bike.

20181109_163939.thumb.jpeg.ccf2d170ac5cc12996c6a1102672a69c.jpeg

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Goatse said:

The black is the route I went with my hardcoat. I couldn't put no baby sh*t green forks on my bike.

20181109_163939.thumb.jpeg.ccf2d170ac5cc12996c6a1102672a69c.jpeg

I kinda like that baby shit green look.

• Like 1

I have rebuilt over 57+ sets of forks in 29 years, and dark oil is extremely common. 

I did my CRF450X forks (9+) times in 350+ hours, and they were black everytime. 

My WP forks were always black-ish, even at 6 hours. They were always the worst.

Yeah, I know, this means I have been waiting too long to service them, each time.

It also mean the forks on my bikes are under more stress, and flex, than with the average rider. 

It's the best I can do.

• Like 4

Base alloy has a major say in the color. Here is a set of Marzocchi 48mm uppers, more of a gold/green tint shade. I sent these to Steve, along with the Zoke and KYB cartridges. All slightly different colors from the same process.

IMG_1429.jpg

• Like 2

Here is mine after getting hard coated from Steve. Almost identical to GP’s in the color result.

IMG_8575.thumb.jpg.691ac37e1ea449e8c67abe3643ad297a.jpg

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, NW_drZ said:

Here is mine after getting hard coated from Steve. Almost is identical to GP’s in the color result.

IMG_8575.jpg

What does it cost ? 

What does it cost ? 

If I remember correctly it was around $250. I wasn’t about to risk my new warrantied tubes.

• Like 2

When my tubes came back from Steve they looked pretty good.  I wouldn't say the color was baby shit green.  Kind of a factory one off look. 

Swapped my (black, OC, 2015) outters out for Showa outters and the oil still goes black and smells like swamp water after 10 or 15 hrs so i agree there is something else at play here. Beta should be ashamed for putting this rubbish on their bikes, its a disgrace. Thankfully KTM has finally come out with a bike as good as the 300rr finally with the XC300 so we dont have to ride that Beta bullshit.