KRAYNIAL

Fork oil is BLACK

3 hours ago, livefivetwofive said:

Swapped my (black, OC, 2015) outters out for Showa outters and the oil still goes black and smells like swamp water after 10 or 15 hrs so i agree there is something else at play here. Beta should be ashamed for putting this rubbish on their bikes, its a disgrace. Thankfully KTM has finally come out with a bike as good as the 300rr finally with the XC300 so we dont have to ride that Beta bullshit.

:facepalm:

3 hours ago, livefivetwofive said:

Thankfully KTM has finally come out with a bike as good as the 300rr finally with the XC300

Two questions.

What took them so long?

Are you sure?

Time will tell......................... :smirk:

• Like 1

On my 2017 300, I run DS SPHERE from 0 hours. At about 20 hours I swap the uppers with WP mainly because I didn't like the gold anodizing but also for some wear on the lower bushing socket (but I split the forks without heating). No black oil ever on thise forks. 

Golden uppers are almost like new and soon will be send to Steve (all the way from Greece). 

WPs quality is OK but suspension performance of the current xplor line is  currently the biggest joke in off road world, world-wide. 

Another thing that may be a coincidence or may not. 

In two WP sets (1 2017 KTM exc 250 xplor and 1 coming from a 2014 Sherco sef 300) there was damage in the dust seal area (obviously from hitting the ground). The part that is suspect is that I have never had this kind of damage in any other fork. 

• Like 1

Swapped my (black, OC, 2015) outters out for Showa outters and the oil still goes black and smells like swamp water after 10 or 15 hrs so i agree there is something else at play here. Beta should be ashamed for putting this rubbish on their bikes, its a disgrace. Thankfully KTM has finally come out with a bike as good as the 300rr finally with the XC300 so we dont have to ride that Beta bullshit.

Go take your meds.....
  • Haha 2

Anyone who thinks that KTM has a superior motorcycle has never owned a KTM.   Period. 

Just now, dirtbird said:

On my 2017 300, I run DS SPHERE from 0 hours. At about 20 hours I swap the uppers with WP mainly because I didn't like the gold anodizing but also for some wear on the lower bushing socket (but I split the forks without heating). No black oil ever on thise forks. 

Golden uppers are almost like new and soon will be send to Steve (all the way from Greece). 

WPs quality is OK but suspension performance of the current xplor line is  currently the biggest joke in off road world, world-wide. 

Another thing that may be a coincidence or may not. 

In two WP sets (1 2017 KTM exc 250 xplor and 1 coming from a 2014 Sherco sef 300) there was damage in the dust seal area (obviously from hitting the ground). The part that is suspect is that I have never had this kind of damage in any other fork. 

That's a fact, jack. 

KTM's have achilles heels in their designs just like everyone else. 

Most have been there for 10 years or more, too.......

EVERY off-road bike is just a starting platform for what you think a dirt bike should be......

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

1 hour ago, Bermudacat said:

Two questions.

What took them so long?

Are you sure?

Time will tell......................... :smirk:

Not to mention that If they had built a competitive bike, they wouldn't have pulled out of the EWC. 

'nuff said.... 

Edited by dirtbird
  • Helpful 1

10 minutes ago, WILLY THE WORT said:

Anyone who thinks that KTM has a superior motorcycle has never owned a KTM.   Period. 

That's a fact, jack. 

KTM's have achilles heels in their designs just like everyone else. 

Most have been there for 10 years or more, too.......

EVERY off-road bike is just a starting platform for what you think a dirt bike should be......

BOY HOWDIE!!!!!

If I do have to throw some dosh at my forks, Bravo-Foxtrot-Delta.

It will be a pittance compared to the FCR39 I had to buy for my DRZ to just begin to uncork the motor. :smirk:

I'm STILL several thousands LESS than a KTM/Husky at P of P and ANOTHER several thousand of what I would have to buy aftermarket to be on par!!!!

THEN, the $$$ to conquer the KTM niggles. :facepalm:

NOT a dig at KTM/Husky. They were at the top of my 'check it out' list when I began this odyssey. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

WELL, the forks are better yet.

Still have the same 'issues' as before, but much lesser, and they don't occur till about 5-6 mph faster. That's a lot, for me. 

I now have a much wider range of compression adjustment that is useable, too.

No 'ohsheet' moments all day.

IMG_0415.JPG

• Like 1