Improvements coming for Wiseco cranks?

I know that I've seen complaints about the quality of some Wiseco cranks over the years. I received this press release yesterday and wondered if this might change things?

RACE WINNING BRANDS ACQUIRES FALICON

MENTOR, Ohio (November 7, 2018) – Race Winning Brands, Inc., a portfolio company of Kinderhook
Industries, LLC is pleased to announce the acquisition of Falicon Crankshaft Components, Inc, a
prominent manufacturer of high performance powersports engine components including crankshafts,
connecting rods, camshaft sprockets, and racing clutches.
Falicon represents the fourth add-on
acquisition for Race Winning Brands.

Race Winning Brands is the leading manufacturer of high performance and racing related components
sold to the automotive and powersports markets. RWB is headquartered in Mentor, Ohio and markets its
products globally through a portfolio of leading brands, including JE Pistons, Wiseco Performance
Products, K1 Technologies, Diamond Pistons, Trend Performance, Dart Machinery, Rekluse Motor
Sports, and ProX Racing Parts.

Founded in 1977, Falicon offers both off-the-shelf and custom-made race engine components utilizing
extensive CNC machines, crankshaft grinders and gear shaping equipment. Falicon crankshaft
assemblies have successfully powered engines to NHRA Pro Stock and AMA Supercross victories, along
with leading countless racers and enthusiasts to wins across all powersport segments. Falicon’s former
owner, Glenn Salpaka, will continue to play a leading role within the organization as Technical and
Operations consultant. “I’m excited about the future of Falicon,” explained Mr. Salpaka. “The RWB team
possesses extensive industry experience and resources which will be extremely beneficial for not only
Falicon, but our customers. Together, we plan to expand our customer service, capabilities, and
technology.”

In addition to retaining the current management team, industry veterans Devin Rickey and Jack Sparks
will join Falicon in leadership roles. Rickey, a proven race component engineer and operations leader
with most notable experience at McLaren Performance Technologies and Arrow Racing Engines, joins
Falicon as General Manager and Chief Engineer. Sparks, ex-President of Carrillo and 40-year veteran of
connecting rod design and manufacturing, joins Falicon as Technical Director.

“For decades, Falicon has been known to the powersports racing community as a trusted brand and high-
quality manufacturer of crankshafts and connecting rods,” said Brian Reese, Chief Executive Officer of

Race Winning Brands. “Falicon products fit perfectly into our engine parts focused strategy. We have
already begun investing in the expansion of Falicon’s capabilities and look forward to expanding their
offerings quickly. In support of this strategy, we’re updating the business name to Falicon Racing."
Tom Tuttle, Managing Director of Kinderhook Industries, stated, “We are excited about Race Winning
Brands adding another premium powersports brand to its stable of branded products. The strong strategic
fit will enable RWB to leverage growth and expansion across the market.”

The company will continue operating from their headquarters and manufacturing facility in Clearwater,
Florida.

Honestly, I can't say I have any knowledge of Falicon products. Does anyone here? http://www.faliconcranks.com/

RWB-ACQUIRES-FALICON[2].JPG

• Like 1

I bought the best c-rod I could find for my xrr build; Falicon knife edge.  The extra cost is worth the peace of mind because the oem rod is a known failure point for the xrr.  The workmanship is top notch.  Although I can't imagine buying the same for a v-8; that would have been a $2500 investment just in c-rods.    

It's good to hear Wiseco is working to improve their product line.  They are one of those legendary brands that is synonymous with motorcycles.  

Edited by crypto666
  • Like 3

Who wants to take the chance to find out?

I'll stick with original equipment.  Rebuilding a worn crank is not expensive.  Replacing a worn crank with an aftermarket crank that blows apart and scatters your cylinder and cases, that is expensive.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Bryan Bosch said:

What have you used them in Will?

Last job was a DRZ stroker crank. the put new rod bearing in it, balanced to my spec (64%) to a supplied piston/pin/rings. After balancing, I had them weld the pin to prevent shifting. When I got it, I checked true, dead on. 470 DRZ ran  smoother than a stocker. Prior to that, they did a few 2S cranks and redid my TZ700 crank with Carillo rods. Pricey, but you get what you pay for.

• Like 4

I work at Falicon, This is going to be good for Falicon and Wiseco. 

I've already worked on some of the new prototype Wiseco products and we have been told there will be an expanded and updated product line coming. 

We are also in the process of updating our shop and equipment. It will take some time, but we have a new management team and new engineers and they are excited and motivated to get things going. 

Edited by BustedassYZ
  • Like 5

25 minutes ago, BustedassYZ said:

I work at Falicon, This is going to be good for Falicon and Wiseco. 

I've already worked on some of the new prototype Wiseco products and we have been told there will be an expanded and updated product line coming. 

We are also in the process of updating our shop and equipment. It will take some time, but we have a new management team and new engineers and they are excited and motivated to get things going. 

Is your head shaved? :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, BustedassYZ said:

No that's a management thing. We joked at our first meeting about how we needed to shave our heads to move up on the company lol

The guy on the right for some reason looks like the other 2 guys made him do it, lol.

• Like 1