HELP! Need to know if 03 SM rims will fit my 18 WRF

Hi all,

im looking to make my 2018 WR450F a motard. There are a set of motard rims/Tyres for sale coming off an 03 WR450F. It looks like they are the Honda CBR rims that have been adapted to the 03 WRF. 

If if I buy the rims including the brackets/rear axle etc will it all match up on the 18? I can’t find information to see if there will be problems...

What issues may may there be between years?

B59AEDDF-E2AA-4EBE-B50C-A3B9B4D619B0.jpeg

F045A030-A4B7-4363-A3CF-BE7EDF60D340.jpeg

4614FB32-0187-4986-8AD4-FBF39C275A28.jpeg

I believe the 18 WR uses a different axle size than the older ones (before that all 4 stroke WRs used compatible wheels IIRC)

problem is I don't know what size they use: YZ 4 stroke used same as WR through 08, then 09-13 used a different size, then 14+ something else. I assume the new WRs use one of those but I don't know which.

It’s all gettin a bit confusing now. A set of rims from an 08 have come available and I’m pretty certain all the WRs share the 20mm front axle but I’m really not sure on the rear. Hoping that they are both 22mm

2 hours ago, Shillo said:

It’s all gettin a bit confusing now. A set of rims from an 08 have come available and I’m pretty certain all the WRs share the 20mm front axle but I’m really not sure on the rear. Hoping that they are both 22mm

They would likely share the same part number if they were the same size. Check it here https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/

5 hours ago, StevetheSnake said:

They would likely share the same part number if they were the same size. Check it here https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/

The Yam part numbers for the hubs say they are the same

Shilo....look at your 2018 WR rear wheel by the mushroom heads of the spokes on the brake disc side, and does it say '5ET 00' cast into the metal?

This is the 5ET hub used on every WR since 99 and uses a 22mm axle 

Edited by GuyGraham

Its still possible they could have used different sized bearings in the same hub, to change the diameter for the spindle.

Not saying they did, but it should be pretty easy to check the partnumbers on thoose aswell, if one is concerned about the fit.

Edited by Jens Eskildsen