Repack KLX140L Stock Muffler

My son’s KLX140L has about 50 hours on it and its probably time to repack the stock muffler - Its getting pretty loud.  Has anyone repacked the stock muffler on this bike - can it even be done?  I don’t really see any rivets or fasteners that can be removed at either end to pull out the core.  It looks like the only fasten points have been welded over.  In a perfect world I’d buy a new aftermarket exhaust but with neighbors close by we need this bike to be as quiet as possible and stock likely puts out the fewest DBs.  I’d hate to have to spend $300+ for another stock muffler but Maryland is pretty strict and I think an FMF or Pro Circuit exhaust would definitely piss off the neighbors.  Greatly appreciate any feedback......

RP

Edited by R1peacock

• 2 weeks later...

I know the older Kawasaki's had no packing, there were all steel baffles inside so they last a long time. I replaced my 2012KLX250 with a FMF, never took it apart. I found the manual online for a 2013 and all it shows is removal of spark arrestor and cleaning, maybe with all the new emissions crap they have welded the bolt heads. Here is what the manual shows for a 2013 to remove the end cap and clean SA.

image.png.4eb9eab9af5c394415932267bdf31506.png