Timmae

florida South Florida riding areas

Wanted to buy a dirt bike.  Bought a trailer, no bike yet.  Trail riding mostly.  Too old for Motocross.  I live in Ft. Lauderdale.  Only decent riding seems to Florida Track and Trails.  Which is 2.5 hours away.  Not sure if it's worth it to buy a bike.

Wanted to buy a dirt bike.  Bought a trailer, no bike yet.  Trail riding mostly.  Too old for Motocross.  I live in Ft. Lauderdale.  Only decent riding seems to Florida Track and Trails.  Which is 2.5 hours away.  Not sure if it's worth it to buy a bike.

It’s crazy but there is nowhere to legally ride. I’m in west palm and go to FTT , Croom and Ocala National Forest. All a good hike from west palm beach. I do sneak some riding in around my neighborhood tho.

Nothing available close thats legal.  There is a privite lease north of you that advertises on CL.  

On 11/11/2018 at 8:43 AM, Timmae said:

Maybe he folks over at https://www.wmr1.com/ might have some info? The Brewsters that own that HUGE store are really great people and love to help fellow riders. They are located in Stewart. Who knows if they have any insight to share. They sure do move a lot of KTM & Husky motorcycles, that's for sure. But, to be fair, they are very much into motocross.

1 hour ago, seer said:

Nothing available close thats legal.  There is a privite lease north of you that advertises on CL.  

I emailed them.  They never responded.  Their loss.  I'm selling the bike.  Dirt bike riding around here isn't worth it.

45 minutes ago, Timmae said:

I emailed them.  They never responded.  Their loss.  I'm selling the bike.  Dirt bike riding around here isn't worth it.

Move north! S. Florida is over-rated anyway. ;)

1 hour ago, Bryan Bosch said:

Move north! S. Florida is over-rated anyway. ;)

I totally agree.  I've been down here for 10 years now.  It's really become a asphalt jungle third world shithole.

3 minutes ago, Timmae said:

I totally agree.  I've been down here for 10 years now.  It's really become a asphalt jungle third world shithole.

I've visited a few times. But, far cry from living there. I'm up in Wesley Chapel, NE of Tampa about 30 minutes. In 30 min. dual sporting I can be on the trails (in/around Croom) and 1.5 hour drive to Ocala National Forest.  It's not western riding (where i grew up), but it's still fun. I really can't say S. FL sucks, but I will say it's just too busy & crowded for my tastes. Toss in the lack of off-road oppty and I couldn't do it. But then again, it's growing like gang busters in my area too.  Fast forward 5 years and we'll see.

I have lived down here my whole life and keep inching north. Would love to get up around Claremont someday

Does any of this change for dual sport bikes that are street legal? Looking for places to ride down on the southern half of florida. I'd have out of state plates though. Any info? In CT you can ride any state land unless otherwise specified if the bike is street legal, is it different down there? 

State land is only available if specified. Fl has alot with no or limited  public access.

7 hours ago, CC898 said:

Does any of this change for dual sport bikes that are street legal? Looking for places to ride down on the southern half of florida. I'd have out of state plates though. Any info? In CT you can ride any state land unless otherwise specified if the bike is street legal, is it different down there? 

Hit up the guys on Instagram called floridaoutdooradv. They seem to be in the know about where to ride offroad in S. Florida. They have a youtube channel too

• Like 1