Fitment of Riding Boots

I picked up a pair of Alpinestars SMX-1 R Vented Boots for an upcoming trip & it looks like I'm really in between sizes. This is my 3rd try & they are just a little big...the size smaller was cutting off my circulation....the European sizing really made it difficult. These are my first 'street' boots, so I'd love to hear some other experiences.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this & what they did...I am searching around for some heel pads I have here somewhere that helped with other types of boots, but I'm thinking better a little big than too tight...but I also wonder if I jumped the gun on the smaller size & maybe they just needed to be broken in.

I've got a pair of AStar SMX Plus , they fit great. I always put athletic inserts in all of my shoes , it makes any shoe more comfortable.  A little big is also good if you want the wear thicker socks when it's cold. 

Edited by JoeRC51
  • Like 2

Thanks for the input! I put on some thick socks & wore them around the house a while & I think that they'll work out. I have trouble sizing every shoe I buy so I can't blame AlpineStars 100%, though if their sizing was more consistent, I may have gotten it right on the 1st try instead of the 4th...I wound up finding one of the last of these boots in this style at revzilla, so all good. Now I just have to make sure to ride & use them enough to justify the purchase!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I went to cycle gear and tried on every model and brand they had.   I found only one brand and model that fitted well. Different models of the same brand and size didn't fit well.   My feet are very hard to fit because a Honda made my right foot about 2 sizes smaller after it was crushed when I was in street shoes. 

Buy the best protection you can afford. 

Been wearing the SMX 1R boots around the house to break them in & the larger size is going to work out fine I think as long as I wear thick socks. These are a good mix of protection & comfort. I feel like I could actually walk around the block in these, unlike how I curse every extra step when I have the Tech10 Moto boots on (awesome riding boots, walking not so much)