should I get a KTM or husky FE450

hey all...so made a thread on the husky forums, from my type of riding, seems the FE450 would suite me best. So..the next bike I am looking for... looking for something I can occasionally hit the roads with when I need to trail hop.  Usually speeds 55 - 70mph for no more than 30 mins. 

but also able to handle moderate single track moderate technical trails and of course I mainly ride double track that does have rocky areas and stuff..places where quads go. Dealer told me FE450 would be best in between since top speed is about 100 mph but can cruise 65 70 mph when needed and FE450 can handle technical and single tracks decently.

I was wondering if KTMs EXC 450 or even the 350 would be a better choice vs the FE450 although they are pretty much the same bike (to my knowledge) 

I  mean, if I end up going super technical trails ill eventually get a 2T but I dont think I will be doing knarly technical stuff anytime soon

opinions?

forgot to mention, I also weigh 230lbs (weight lifter) 

Edited by willc86

cool thanks!! i really like the husky and how they look. closest dealership to me carries husky and been very nice to me. alrighty thanks for the input!! figured i ask incase there was some slight difference in gearing or something...maybe one does better at higher speeds rpm wise or such.

awesome thanks!!!

You're at elevation, so don't get a 350.

Some science...  You loose 3% of your bikes HP and Torques for every 1,000ft of elevation.

So do the math and that's a 20-30% power loss where you ride, which is MASSIVE.  Ride above tree line and it's more like a 35% loss.  So right when you need the most power (up a steep mountain) a 450 has all the power of a 250. ?

• Helpful 1