2018 + 2019 EC 250/300 Reviews---anybody?

Question to the GasGas owners, how does the bike shift (2 stroke bikes) would like to find a 200 2 stroke for woods riding. Does the way the bike shifts compare to a Suzuki RM/Honda CR 2 stroke models are is it more like the Yamaha YZs more notchy? 

Just trying to get input.

thanks

Mine shifts pretty smoothly to me a lot like my YZ250FX. I did miss second quite a bit for the first few hours of riding. Unless it's in my head when it starts getting notchy or missing shifts, it's time to change the tranny oil.

• Like 2

Here's a pretty detailed review from Australia.

Here's an Italian guy riding his 2019 EC300 up a creek bed. Can't tell much other than it chugs well on the bottom and isn't deflecting badly.

P.S. Six Days is manufacturer-speak for Ugly.

Edited by 2strokeYardSale
  • Like 2

Mine shifts pretty smoothly to me a lot like my YZ250FX. I did miss second quite a bit for the first few hours of riding. Unless it's in my head when it starts getting notchy or missing shifts, it's time to change the tranny oil.
How often do they say to change the transmission oil?

I bought a pre-owned 18 XC 250 and it's just very smoothly but I don't really use the clutch. Been riding single track only and it's not the gnarliest stuff but it's no walk in the park either. Of course I use the clutch in situations where it's second nature but most of the time I never use a clutch to shift. going up slow steep hills or navigating a rock garden I'm not jamming it into the gear i want. Where it's second nature to use the clutch I use it. When the RPMs are right I have appropriately shifted without using the clutch since I was seven or eight but I just realized I've noticed I use it less and that's probably due to a couple bikes with recluse.