hawaiidirtrider

Beta 250/300 rr Boyesen radvalve?

4 hours ago, dirtbird said:

Still I can't figure out how to order directly from Boyesen. RR Rad valve is on the news but not on the order list.

There’s an order number on the Betarider lectron TT link if I can find it.

part number here. 

http://www.betarider.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2921

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Got the powernow carb inserts too. Looking at the vforce it looks like there is some sort of similar type element in with the reedvalve too..

https://www.google.com/search?q=scary+fast+power+now+plus&client=safari&hl=en-us&prmd=sivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjVy96_yNzeAhXDHjQIHfKhAuYQ_AUoAnoECBIQAg&biw=414&bih=617

274B74ED-56E2-4141-9B2C-3171DABAC88B.png

....or you could grab a piece of aluminum honeycomb from Hexel and do the same thing.

I had a lot of conversations with the guy who pioneered that. :D

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Beta300recat said:

....or you could grab a piece of aluminum honeycomb from Hexel and do the same thing.

I had a lot of conversations with the guy who pioneered that. :D

Vforce 4 looks like it’s already in the design. I don’t know if it’s in the 3 aswell.. might be the same too. 

1 minute ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Vforce 4 looks like it’s already in the design.

In practice the honeycomb was used just upstream of the hot wire anemometer. This type of system corrects automatically for temperature and density/altitude.

3 minutes ago, Beta300recat said:

In practice the honeycomb was used just upstream of the hot wire anemometer. This type of system corrects automatically for temperature and density/altitude.

Pictures? Links?? Oops never mind 

IMO, just keep it stock with the VForce, its good.  I had GGs with RAD Valves, and made my own manifold to use a Honda CR250R VForce3 on an '03 GG250.  It ran better than with the stock RAD valve.  GG later switched to VForce as OEM.  The Beta motor is pretty damn good stock for the average woods rider, jetting and some head work but anything more and your just wasting money.  Money is far better spent on suspension.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, GP said:

IMO, just keep it stock with the VForce, its good.  I had GGs with RAD Valves, and made my own manifold to use a Honda CR250R VForce3 on an '03 GG250.  It ran better than with the stock RAD valve.  GG later switched to VForce as OEM.  The Beta motor is pretty damn good stock for the average woods rider, jetting and some head work but anything more and your just wasting money.  Money is far better spent on suspension.

Yea your right I guess. Stock a Beta is great. The bike really doesn’t need anything. 

The thing is who has a radvalve  on their Beta? It’s just interesting to see if it works better or not. .. especially for riders that have everything else as far as mods on their bike. I doubt there’s much difference between the vforce4 and vforce3 but I don’t know. It’s just asking around for anyone who has tried. It’s like few to none have tried stock and other options of reedvalves.

They came stock on Italian Huskys too.  Why reinvent the wheel, they work.  FWIW, I have always made it a habit of changing the VF petals when I do a top end.  Most of the time they look fine, occasionally there is a small chip or fray in the end of a petal.  Piece of mind.  The RAD valve was originally designed back when bikes had crappy reed blocks with stainless reeds.  As far as the Power Now, its a joke.  Makes absolutely no difference.   A specific carb mod with boring and a wing like RBD does or used to do may be different but the snap in wing is useless.  All this talk of engine mods on a 300 is just silly.  The bike makes more power than you can use anyway, too much in many cases.  I'd be willing to bet that most of you guys could go faster, for longer, on a well tuned 250 with excellent, not just cookie cutter spec acceptable suspension. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GP said:

They came stock on Italian Huskys too.  Why reinvent the wheel, they work.  FWIW, I have always made it a habit of changing the VF petals when I do a top end.  Most of the time they look fine, occasionally there is a small chip or fray in the end of a petal.  Piece of mind.  The RAD valve was originally designed back when bikes had crappy reed blocks with stainless reeds.  As far as the Power Now, its a joke.  Makes absolutely no difference.   A specific carb mod with boring and a wing like RBD does or used to do may be different but the snap in wing is useless.  All this talk of engine mods on a 300 is just silly.  The bike makes more power than you can use anyway, too much in many cases.  I'd be willing to bet that most of you guys could go faster, for longer, on a well tuned 250 with excellent, not just cookie cutter spec acceptable suspension. 

Betas are great. There’s no denying. Still I’m shocked that you of all people are closed to whatever possible improvements available. Just saying no to something without ever trying? Everything can be improved. Betas don’t have to be improved much at all but I’m open to just see what’s out there . 

What will start the conversation to be more open is when someone is running their Beta 300 with a radvalve so a comparison conversation can be started. 

So guys run a variety of pipes, silencers,smart carbs, lectrons, RK and S3 heads, fans, hiflow impellars, big radiators, fans, blah blah blah. I think the reedvalves are  just a subject no one have been talking about yet. 

N
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GP said:

All this talk of engine mods on a 300 is just silly.  The bike makes more power than you can use anyway, too much in many cases.  I'd be willing to bet that most of you guys could go faster, for longer, on a well tuned 250 with excellent, not just cookie cutter spec acceptable suspension.

Not a question about more power, it's a case of where it makes the power. On the down-low is my preference. The 50cc's aren't wearing me out. :D

27 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Betas are great. There’s no denying. Still I’m shocked that you of all people are closed to whatever possible improvements available. Just saying no to something without ever trying? Everything can be improved. Betas don’t have to be improved much at all but I’m open to just see what’s out there . 

What will start the conversation to be more open is when someone is running their Beta 300 with a radvalve so a comparison conversation can be started. 

So guys run a variety of pipes, silencers,smart carbs, lectrons, RK and S3 heads, fans, hiflow impellars, big radiators, fans, blah blah blah. I think the reedvalves are  just a subject no one have been talking about yet. 

Reeds make a HUGE difference on how the power transitions from low idle to the midrange and onto the pipe. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Since there’s no one who is running a radvalve on their Beta.. here’s a long shot for possible what ?? Info that might have related insight. It doesn’t count really since not a Beta 300 but look at the last year ktm 300 that came with a vforce . Then see if any put a radvalve from the orange side of things. This thread is dead for now anyway. 

2 hours ago, shrubitup said:

Buy American; buy Boyesen. :thumbsup:

Maybe.. but moto Tassinari and Boyesen were about the same when I had my cr 250 Honda. I got a boyesen then.. but I already have the vforce stock. If it doesn’t make any difference then just probably sticking to whats on there.  

It would be cool to hear from someone that has tried boyesen and latest vforce4. Maybe not much difference and maybe a good difference.

• Like 1