hawaiidirtrider

Beta 250/300 rr Boyesen radvalve?

Just got off the phone with customer service. They have the RC2 for the 250/300RR oil injection or not. Just under $200 after shipping.

oil injection: RAD-94

non oil injection: RAD-94A

I spoke with one of the developers. He tested the RC2 against the stock VForce on a 250RR and his own 300RR and noticed a big torque improvement over the whole RPM range with the RC2 vs the VForce. 

It should be in the mail by the end of the week. Just in time for the weekend!

• Like 1
  • Helpful 4

9 hours ago, Dracko8000 said:

Just got off the phone with customer service. They have the RC2 for the 250/300RR oil injection or not. Just under $200 after shipping.

oil injection: RAD-94

non oil injection: RAD-94A

I spoke with one of the developers. He tested the RC2 against the stock VForce on a 250RR and his own 300RR and noticed a big torque improvement over the whole RPM range with the RC2 vs the VForce. 

It should be in the mail by the end of the week. Just in time for the weekend!

Finally some useful info. 

Although I have never had a serious problem with VForce ('xcept maybe some premature wear on my 2007 ktm) I never really liked them. 

I always thought that they detune the intake and remove character from the engine. This thought most pribably has to do with my youth days where installing Boyesen twin petals was considered as one of the first mods, then it was all this fiddling with the stop plate... removing it, then putting it back, then bending it. At the end I even was enlarging the ports on the reed cage but the gains were minimal since I was running a small carb. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dracko8000 said:

It doesn't look like I can replace the VForce4 pedals. Do you think the Boysen would be cheaper in the long run because of the replaceable pedals?

thank you.

Of course you can replace the reeds. I ordered some and changed mine out to new reeds. The reeds come with little special tool to take out the old reeds blah blah blah. 

No matter. You getting the Boyesen anyway so you can see how they work.. :thumbsup::ride:

Here’s one guy changing his out..

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 2
  • Helpful 1

Posted (edited)
On 8/20/2019 at 2:49 AM, hawaiidirtrider said:

Of course you can replace the reeds. I ordered some and changed mine out to new reeds. The reeds come with little special tool to take out the old reeds blah blah blah. 

No matter. You getting the Boyesen anyway so you can see how they work.. :thumbsup::ride:

That's good to know!

Well I took the bike out this weekend and WOW! A lot more torque on the low to mid range RPMs. I don't know if it was because my old reeds had a gap in them and I was loosing power, or if the Boyesen reeds are that much better. I find myself riding in 3rd or 4th gear in single track and hill climbs that I would ride in 2nd I could ride in 3rd.

Also, I find the engine running better. Before, sometimes it would idle really low and even stall out, and sometimes it would idle really high. Now the idle stays constant.

Edited by Dracko8000
  • Like 1
  • Helpful 1

4 hours ago, Dracko8000 said:

sometimes it would idle really low and even stall out, and sometimes it would idle really high.

I'm guessing a leak or the failing reeds.

How many hours on the VForce?

• Like 1

On 8/26/2019 at 2:48 AM, Dracko8000 said:

That's good to know!

Well I took the bike out this weekend and WOW! A lot more torque on the low to mid range RPMs. I don't know if it was because my old reeds had a gap in them and I was loosing power, or if the Boyesen reeds are that much better. I find myself riding in 3rd or 4th gear in single track and hill climbs that I would ride in 2nd I could ride in 3rd.

Also, I find the engine running better. Before, sometimes it would idle really low and even stall out, and sometimes it would idle really high. Now the idle stays constant.

I changed out my vforce reeds to fresh ones and the bike worked much better. There was a little gap. It was time to change. I guess it’s more rare to change to boyesen when the vforce is running good to compare.

On 11/14/2018 at 11:59 AM, hawaiidirtrider said:

For that matter I just saw this. I didn’t check yet but must look if this is stock on our Betas or an upgrade vforce reed valve

D7A96C9F-BDE3-455C-9832-DCA3EC235A1B.png

F3180375-F652-4087-8C07-4BB59131DE81.png

F411475C-829B-448C-9B26-1AFD47655392.png

106F60AE-5FD2-4FA3-AE12-C270687E3A15.png

Hawaii did you find out if the vforce 4 came stock on the bike. I just had to contact beta headquarters because my dealer didn't even know as it only says vforce without any number on our bike. Beta heads confirmed with me that it is Infact a vforce 4 which from I've read are onpar of not better than the boyesens.

Your thoughts? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shawn McLean said:

Hawaii did you find out if the vforce 4 came stock on the bike. I just had to contact beta headquarters because my dealer didn't even know as it only says vforce without any number on our bike. Beta heads confirmed with me that it is Infact a vforce 4 which from I've read are onpar of not better than the boyesens.

Your thoughts? 

Well It’s sort of open ended as the only way really is for me to buy Boyesen radvalve and try and compare. My VForce works awesome so I still don’t really know if there is an improvement or not. I can’t say one is better than the other. I can just see what guys say on threads like this.  To me its almost like comparing similar pipes like maybe an fmf fatty and a procircuit platinum pipe. Both good . I’m kind of going that route with pipes now. Nothing wrong with my stock fmf pipe. Bike works great. I got a pro Circuit pipe to put on and try. It may or may not be better but it’s probably not worth buying for the small difference it might make. Kind of blowing money for the hell of it at this point. The bike is great stock. Just can’t leave things alone sometimes. 

I think my vforce is a 4.. I kind of forget now as this has been a while back now.. I remember when I was looking for differences that it seemed more for durability and strength in upgrades than for performance but idk. Got to research again. Even though Im thinking maybe the difference is negligible. I’m just starting to think that there’s just not much difference between boyesen and vforce. Of course it’s not verified but with my cr 250 Honda it was like that too. Boyesen and vforce were both a little improvement over stock and both great.

• Helpful 1

59 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Well It’s sort of open ended as the only way really is for me to buy Boyesen radvalve and try and compare. My VForce works awesome so I still don’t really know if there is an improvement or not. I can’t say one is better than the other. I can just see what guys say on threads like this.  To me its almost like comparing similar pipes like maybe an fmf fatty and a procircuit platinum pipe. Both good . I’m kind of going that route with pipes now. Nothing wrong with my stock fmf pipe. Bike works great. I got a pro Circuit pipe to put on and try. It may or may not be better but it’s probably not worth buying for the small difference it might make. Kind of blowing money for the hell of it at this point. The bike is great stock. Just can’t leave things alone sometimes. 

I think my vforce is a 4.. I kind of forget now as this has been a while back now.. I remember when I was looking for differences that it seemed more for durability and strength in upgrades than for performance but idk. Got to research again. Even though Im thinking maybe the difference is negligible. I’m just starting to think that there’s just not much difference between boyesen and vforce. Of course it’s not verified but with my cr 250 Honda it was like that too. Boyesen and vforce were both a little improvement over stock and both great.

Awesome, thanks for your input. Remember when you put the PC on just to hammer open the ptech to allow for a little space between the guard and the pipe, really won't take much hammering. You'll love the PC pipe. Best mod I've done to my bike aside from just getting my suspension resprung, revalved and serviced. 

Edited by Shawn McLean

2 hours ago, Shawn McLean said:

Your thoughts? 

You have the 2015 beta 300 RR race edition as one of your bikes right ?

Edited by Shawn McLean
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Shawn McLean said:

Wish I had the 2020 with the kyb and that counter balancer

You know.. I thought I’d be more enthusiastic but really I love my 15. I like my open chamber Sach. My bike doesn’t vibrate. I think if I’d do anything Id upgrade suspension next. .. just for the hell of it because there’s nothing to do to my bike. Everything can be made better for sure. I’d go either Beta factory suspension tuning or endurospec cartidges or just service my current suspension. Just servicing suspension more regularly is great too. The 2020’s do look gorgeous though.  The cb hype just isn’t a big draw for me. Maybe when I ride s 2020 I’ll change my mind? Now I love my bike..

13 hours ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

You know.. I thought I’d be more enthusiastic but really I love my 15. I like my open chamber Sach. My bike doesn’t vibrate. I think if I’d do anything Id upgrade suspension next. .. just for the hell of it because there’s nothing to do to my bike. Everything can be made better for sure. I’d go either Beta factory suspension tuning or endurospec cartidges or just service my current suspension. Just servicing suspension more regularly is great too. The 2020’s do look gorgeous though.  The cb hype just isn’t a big draw for me. Maybe when I ride s 2020 I’ll change my mind? Now I love my bike..

I cannot tell you how much better it makes the bike to have it sprung and valved to your weight. At first I couldn't believe the quote for 900 bucks that he gave me and that with a deal (not charging for the revalving) we have a guy on Vancouver Island who is elite at getting the suspension perfect. Folks from Seattle and Oregon send him their suspension. Personally could not believe the difference.  

Edited by Shawn McLean
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Shawn McLean said:

I cannot tell you how much better it makes the bike to have it sprung and valved to your weight. At first I couldn't believe the quote for 900 bucks that he gave me and that with a deal (not charging for the revalving) we have a guy on Vancouver Island who is elite at getting the suspension perfect. Folks from Seattle and Oregon send him their suspension. Personally could not believe the difference.  

I’ve upped my spring rate on my 300 rr and I have a local suspension tuner that has revalved and resprung the last 4 bikes I have owned including 3 I still have. I actually rode his 300 rr and liked his setup that is sprung stiffer than Id normally choose. It felt great so I just told him I want my bike set up like his. He didn’t revalve his but I forget how much oil and what weight oil it was. 

• Like 1

On 11/27/2019 at 11:35 AM, Shawn McLean said:

Beta heads confirmed with me that it is Infact a vforce 4 which from I've read are onpar of not better than the boyesens.

Your thoughts? 

Design is quite a bit different.

From what I am able to gleen, the V Force is better in the lower range, and the Boyesen a little up top.

• Like 2