Am I the only one that thinks its always better to have two bikes?

I've always had 2 bikes. Nice to have a back up, and one of my sons rides so I kept a spare 300 for him to ride. Last year I ran across a very nice 2015 Husky FE350S, bought it but was bummed because I was thinking I'd have to sell my 09 300xcw, which is what I use to clear trails with (she's set up with a chainsaw mount). Great bike. I then realized that why sell her - worth more to keep her that to sell.

Now I have 3 bikes....and am happy about it.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

On 11/22/2018 at 12:19 PM, PTECH said:

I have a friend that rides a yz450f and he has trouble stalling in the slow technical riding we sometimes find ourselves in.  I'm pretty sure the ktm xc bikes are easy to stall as well as they're meant to be race bikes, off road race bikes but race bikes none the less.  Would be interesting to see if the sx and xc bikes use the same flywheel.  I run a Rekluse on my 450 xcf.  I bought the bike used and it came on it. Hard to imagine spending $900 bucks on it but it really is nice. No such thing as stalling with a Rekluse.  The other option is a heavy flywheel or a flywheel weight.

On my 14 YZ450F I had a bugger of a time with random stalling in technical riding until I put a softer woods-type map in the ecu. After that I was really able to chug it and it also ran much cooler (it's very lean from the factory so it runs hot). Doubt I'd ever do another 450 4T for technical trail riding though. My 300XC is wayyyyy easier and less tiring to ride plus it's more fun.

I would like to add a YZ250FX to the garage to have a 4T option and mostly for company to use when they visit.