03 cr125 trade for ?

I have a 2003 cr 125 I just rebuilt it top to bottom only 1 hr on the motor . New tires ,hinson clutch,hot rods crank, new nikasiled plating on cylinder and new piston , carb rebuild , pro circuit exhausts lots more . . I've had a offer to trade for a 2009 yzf 250f , 2008kxf 450f ,and 2006 crf 450r I really kind of wanted a 250f but I dont know if this model is any good and is it a good trade for me . I should add that I have a 2011 Fuel inj crf450 that I bought 6 months ago it was my first dirtbike ever although I grew up racing motocross I've won several championships but that was on quads and my last race was 2006 so now after a bad reck in 2006 that resulted in me having a brain aneurysm and taking me out of mx racing I'm back trying it again on a better platform ... I think the 450 is too much power for me starting out I'm really struggling with the basics of riding a dirtbike I'm so used to atvs it's a totally different world 

Resized_20181101_103246(1)(1).jpeg

Resized_20181101_151937.jpeg

Resized_20181030_200909_(1).jpeg

• Like 1

21 hours ago, kenny snead said:

I have a 2003 cr 125 I just rebuilt it top to bottom only 1 hr on the motor . New tires ,hinson clutch,hot rods crank, new nikasiled plating on cylinder and new piston , carb rebuild , pro circuit exhausts lots more . . I've had a offer to trade for a 2009 yzf 250f , 2008kxf 450f ,and 2006 crf 450r I really kind of wanted a 250f but I dont know if this model is any good and is it a good trade for me . I should add that I have a 2011 Fuel inj crf450 that I bought 6 months ago it was my first dirtbike ever although I grew up racing motocross I've won several championships but that was on quads and my last race was 2006 so now after a bad reck in 2006 that resulted in me having a brain aneurysm and taking me out of mx racing I'm back trying it again on a better platform ... I think the 450 is too much power for me starting out I'm really struggling with the basics of riding a dirtbike I'm so used to atvs it's a totally different world 

Resized_20181101_103246(1)(1).jpeg

Resized_20181101_151937.jpeg

Resized_20181030_200909_(1).jpeg

I was going to say trade it for the YZ250F, but after seeing your bike, and then the 250, please keep yours. It would be such a stupid move to get an ugly bike like that

Thanks guys so is there anything in particular wrong with the 250f? I know its carbed and that sucks but I'll never find anyone to trade fuel injected bike for this 125 . I'm just afraid of keeping it and wishing I would have traded it when I had the chance the blue is just going to get worse and worse it seems you cant give these bikes away now a days ... 

I’m going to recommend you get the YZ250F. Those bikes are bulletproof and it’s going to have more power and torque than the CR. If I had a choice to race either one I’d pick the YZ hands down. I don’t know how big you are but unless you’re under 150 lbs the CR isn’t going to pull you around unless you abuse the clutch badly. We had a modified 2006 CR125 in our stable and compared to my son’s stock 250F it was really hard to go fast on. It sat for months in our garage until we took it to the track one day to see if we could ride it. It didn’t take long to realize the 4 strokes were much easier to ride. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm about 200lbs with gear on. I think the guy with 09 yamaha 250f is still willing to trade. I also have someone waiting to trade for a 2006 crf250 dual pipe it has a fresh rebuild ,new valves etc I liked that part . The 250f yam has at least 70 hrs on it the guy bought it used and put another 65 hrs on it he didnt know how many it had before that. I've had offer for 08 kaw250f too it's very nice tons of aftermarket parts including cnc hubs and aftermarket wheels,power bomb header and fmf exh. All kinds of cnc items . But I've been told to stay away from Kawasaki 

Edited by kenny snead

You see all these guys lining up to trade their newer 250F's for your old CR125, that should tell you something...

they've learned the risks of a used 250F and are willing to take a step back in technology for peace of mind and lower cost of repair.

IMO you should hold off trades until you can save up for a clean 250 2-stroke or, a brand new 250F.

That CR125 is very clean and should be easy to sell anytime when the additional funds are required.

Edited by mlatour

Don't know your location but in many regions late fall/winter the worst time of the year to sell.

Riding season is over for many, the market is flooded with bikes,

people looking to dump off their old bikes cheaply rather than rebuild.

Also, owners eager to sell at a lower price since they got new bike fever for a 2019 model.

Spring time is the sellers market.

Edited by mlatour

06 CRF 250 is a valve eater, I'd stay away.

Mlatour is spot on.  Sell it, save money, buy a new 250f, do not trade, you will be on the losing end.  All the bikes you have mentioned have a market value of 2-2800 dollars here, a full rebuild on any of those bikes is likely 12-1500, depending on who does the labor, maybe more.  Not if, but when they blow up, they almost aren't worth fixing.