supercross Peick Injury

On 12/4/2018 at 12:50 PM, wielywilly-g said:

I hope his eye-sight in that right eye is good.

peick.jpg

Strabismus post injury.

Do people really believe the stuff they write like he will be back A1?  Nothing but the best to

him and his rehab.  No predictions of a comeback at all but I would assume hand eye coordination is not as world class

as it once was. Just a simple objective observation after reviewing this photo. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Babyarmholdingapple said:

Strabismus post injury.

Do people really believe the stuff they write like he will be back A1?  Nothing but the best to

him and his rehab.  No predictions of a comeback at all but I would assume hand eye coordination is not as world class

I certainly hope they don’t believe some of what they write. I hope it’s more along the line of wishful thinking or even boosting Peicks moral , so to speak. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Babyarmholdingapple said:

Strabismus post injury.

if anyone can ride with one eye, it's peick..

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Babyarmholdingapple said:

Ted Wiliams  and Tony Gwynn had this discussion, Chuck Yeager and JS7 have said it as well.  They all felt they could see better and this was reason for their success 

lol.. if anyone can ride w/o good vision peick :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, The Deplorable said:
3 hours ago, indy rider said:
Here's a podcast with Weston Pike talking about the injury. 
https://motocross.transworld.net/news/swapmoto-live-podcast-ep-6-weston-peick-kelly-cleland/

I listened to it all. Poor guy.

I can't believe he talked so long with all those jaw bone fractures...and with no painkillers since leaving the hospital. 

• Like 3

On 11/22/2018 at 10:21 AM, jz125 said:

i would be more than happy to share in P.M. or we can start another thread if you would like, but not here. 

Couple of quick things:

I didn't give a religious viewpoint, I stated a fact.

My statement never linked "Jesus Christ is so God-awfully awesome, why did he let this happen in the first place?" you did. The reason you did is because you appeal to men as yourself as the ultimate authority first and then everything comes afterwards, I did not. My statement started and ended with GOD as ultimate authority.

I love Rush, but they are a band. Do you see the absurdity of appealing to them as to whether the claims of Jesus are true or not? They are musicians.

My appeal was for the love of Peick in this moment of suffering, I demonstrated that by appealing to the highest source I could. If you read my post in context it is a pouring out for the man, if you want to talk about it further I will know because you will P.M. me, otherwise I will consider this as a monologue in that you just wanted to make an assertion without backing it up because you got offended. I am totally fine with that as well. 

Now can we get back to Peick because that is what I was trying to do.

Been away for a while but it is absolutely NOT A FACT THAT HE IN THE HANDS OF GOD!  You cannot prove he is the hands of God it is merely your perspective.  Why didn't Jesus Christ Superstar hold him in his hands and prevent the wreck in the first place?  Weak minded Christian.  Too bad you cannot think for yourself and make your own decisions and have to thank your deity for everything in your world.  

I give myself the credit for the good in my life and accept the blame for the bad.

So many phony people claim to be Christian and yet they only try to convert me to validate their own decision to not do anything with their life.  Apparently setting goals and achieving something on your own is too difficult so many of you choose to serve and just throw away your earthly existence.  And finally, don't lay your Christian horse-shit on me and tell me I'll burn in hell.  He's your God and their your rules, you burn in Hell!  LOL.

The agnostic NC.  

How much do you think it cost to have his fiance and father fly there, stay with him for 3 weeks, and fly home?  How much do you think insurance covered?  Oh and his fiance lost her job over it.  Also, insurance is not limitless.  He will have to pay a percentage of the cost out of pocket.  No insurance covers 100% of the costs and when the costs are likely to be $1 million dollars or more, if he has to cover 20% of that, it's $200,000.

It's true insurance is not limitless but there are plenty of insurance plans that have a max out of pocket. Mine is 5500 for the year for my family plan. After that 5500 the rest is covered 100% until you reach the limit. Which is like 2 million in my policy. Obviously no way to know what his policy looks like.

Edited by Zinergy
  • Like 2
  • Helpful 1

9 hours ago, Zinergy said:

It's true insurance is not limitless but there are plenty of insurance plans that have a max out of pocket. Mine is 5500 for the year for my family plan. After that 5500 the rest is covered 100% until you reach the limit. Which is like 2 million in my policy. Obviously no way to know what his policy looks like.

Agreed.  A good buddy of mine had twins that were premature, and thank God for the max out of pocket, because the bill was probably over $1M when everything was said and done.

• Like 1

In surprised he still has his hair.....figured they would shave his head to do the surgery......plane tix for dad and girlfriend probably less than a grand apiece.....well.....right now to europe....maybe $2000 per ticket since you want to fly right away......the girlfriend will find another job.....or Weston will tell her not to worry about working for awhile..

With him and mokkie getting injured will we see less USA riders doing euro sx ? We hear about how mxdn isn't worth getting injured for ? These races are so close to start of ama sx ,I think it's madness to ride them

1 hour ago, mog said:

With him and mokkie getting injured will we see less USA riders doing euro sx ? We hear about how mxdn isn't worth getting injured for ? These races are so close to start of ama sx ,I think it's madness to ride them

I read that Mookie was just banged up, no break.  Maybe that was bad info, but overall I agree.  On one hand, they have to be prepared, and on the other hand, if they get hurt and can't race what they are preparing for, well, that sucks.

On 12/16/2018 at 11:46 AM, rmxtgh said:

In surprised he still has his hair.....figured they would shave his head to do the surgery.....

I am surprised too.  I bet here in the states they would have shaved him bald.

On 12/14/2018 at 11:19 AM, NumberCruncher said:

Been away for a while but it is absolutely NOT A FACT THAT HE IN THE HANDS OF GOD!  You cannot prove he is the hands of God it is merely your perspective.  Why didn't Jesus Christ Superstar hold him in his hands and prevent the wreck in the first place?  Weak minded Christian.  Too bad you cannot think for yourself and make your own decisions and have to thank your deity for everything in your world.  

I give myself the credit for the good in my life and accept the blame for the bad.

So many phony people claim to be Christian and yet they only try to convert me to validate their own decision to not do anything with their life.  Apparently setting goals and achieving something on your own is too difficult so many of you choose to serve and just throw away your earthly existence.  And finally, don't lay your Christian horse-shit on me and tell me I'll burn in hell.  He's your God and their your rules, you burn in Hell!  LOL.

The agnostic NC.  

Wow! And all I did was defer to the truth. Your response blies your words sir. 

But again I am more than happy to meet you and give you a full and thorough understanding, I understand you have not had that experience and so did I. Answer me in p.m. if you would like.