supercross Peick Injury

14 minutes ago, Zinergy said:

You can dislike the US system all you want but that doesn't change the fact that our for profit system supplies the world with over 55% of all medical research and development. Without that all other countries and their public systems would either have to pay the literal hundreds of billions meaning their costs would increase or the world would simply go without these advancements. Just like our insanely expensive military spending. You're welcome

This is true, if not for NATO and the US footing the bill for defense none of these countries would be able to afford their own military in addition to all of the generous social welfare.

Imagine if they cut all the bullshit and lowered taxes.  What a concept.  Can't have that though, not enough government.

16 minutes ago, Zinergy said:

You can dislike the US system all you want but that doesn't change the fact that our for profit system supplies the world with over 55% of all medical research and development. Without that all other countries and their public systems would either have to pay the literal hundreds of billions meaning their costs would increase or the world would simply go without these advancements. Just like our insanely expensive military spending which over the years has built --among many many things-- the first and core of the internet that we are all riding on right now. You're welcome

Little fixup...:ride:

14 minutes ago, turbo dan said:

This is true, if not for NATO and the US footing the bill for defense none of these countries would be able to afford their own military in addition to all of the generous social welfare.

Imagine if they cut all the bullshit and lowered taxes.  What a concept.  Can't have that though, not enough government.

European societies are different than ours and the relationship with government and systems work ok for them, but wouldn't work here that is ok. I don't think there is a one size fits all. History has taught us that all these systems are fragile. The mid 20th century US crash was bad and a lot of people suffered, many of the welfare systems we do have now grew out of the lessons learned from those folks experience.

Plus, after WWII, we encouraged the Euros not to over militarize and we would handle the Ruskies and the peace. It is only in the past 15 years that there have been rumblings to change things. Our corporations have liked doing business around the world with our military close by.  

Edited by Chaconne
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, yzernie said:

I wonder if these guys have medical insurance for themselves.  IMO, it would be foolish not to have insurance.

they must, it'd be even more financially suicidal then racing dirtbikes

You can dislike the US system all you want but that doesn't change the fact that our for profit system supplies the world with over 55% of all medical research and development. Without that all other countries and their public systems would either have to pay the literal hundreds of billions meaning their costs would increase or the world would simply go without these advancements. Just like our insanely expensive military spending. You're welcome
So your saying as your system is basically raping yourselves as citizens , it's providing enough profits for companies to invest lots ,so we benefit ? I'm not disputing it ,but you seem proud of the sacrifice your making yes ? Seems a foolish way to go forward but if your happy then that's your lookout.

• Like 1

This one hits me heavily. I never like to see any riders hurt regardless of if I'm a fan or not. They may not be life threatening injuries but they are "life" threatening, if you know what I mean. He may not ever live the quality of life he has ever again. 

Truth is I really don't know just how extensive the injury is in reality but reading about it sounds...extremely rough. Peick you are one hell of a person, stay strong.

• Like 5
  • Helpful 1

18 hours ago, turbo dan said:

The state of healthcare in the USA today in 2018 is garbage.  Far worse than even ten years ago.  You're preaching to the choir on that.

Its basic economics.  The UK system is just one good case study.  Limited resources, limited availability of care, unlimited access.  Something has got to give.

In the US, health insurance became tied to employment beginning in the 1950's.  This system had employers covering a portion of the cost of care which begins to distort the market.  This worsens as the care providers begin billing literally everything to insurance.  The true cost of care is isolated from the recipient.  This snowballs with the help of more and more government involvement and regulation into the system we have today.  Tons of money wasted on administrative overhead.  Fewer and fewer people paying more into the system than they receive and more and more receiving more in services than they ever paid for.  People taking advantage of the laws and showing up at the emergency room with no intention to pay knowing they'll still get care. 

We also have ever increasing numbers of fat stupid bastards eating their way into diabetes and consuming tons of resources on completely avoidable health problems.  We have drug addicts being kept alive at our expense, first responders bringing narcan with them so we can keep these parasites going at all costs.

Lots of solutions here but nothing the bleeding hearts would ever consider.  Its far more compassionate to take money from those that are pulling their weight and give it to those who refuse.

Good post. It is sad that so many are duped into an egalitarian, neo-marxist mindset that says everything should be equal and fair; the end goal as well as the processes to get to that end goal.

It is shameful for us to be talking about "world views" when the topic is about a man that has fought through the ranks, took a good slap in the face from Ted Parks, got his crap together and now arguably is the #1 guy on a true factory team. You can sugar coat it however you want but Weston Pieck has been a great motocross story and I am very sad to see this happen to him. But I do believe he can fight through this, I really do. But ultimately he is in the hands of a Sovereign God in Christ and I trust HIS end goals and means for Weston in all of this. 

I wish Weston peace through this as this is going to be very difficult for him. What is done is done and he must go through it. I really hope to see him back on Yellow.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 150dirtcomber said:

This one hits me heavily. I never like to see any riders hurt regardless of if I'm a fan or not. They may not be life threatening injuries but they are "life" threatening, if you know what I mean. He may not ever live the quality of life he has ever again. 

Truth is I really don't know just how extensive the injury is in reality but reading about it sounds...extremely rough. Peick you are one hell of a person, stay strong.

Dude I can't even begin to tell you how much I regret watching this! To see him suffering like that just ruined me.

• Like 2

All this bs talk about healthcare in this topic is a bit disrespectful. 

But since you commie bastards think Canada has a better healthcare system,  here is a little knowledge.  If Weston was a Canadian citizen,  he woukd have ZERO health insurance in Paris. At least in our system, if he has a travelers insurance rider, hes fully covered.  

There is a reason why people with money don't depend on their states insurance in foreign countries.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, GBowman said:

But since you commie bastards think Canada has a better healthcare system,  here is a little knowledge.  If Weston was a Canadian citizen,  he woukd have ZERO health insurance in Paris. At least in our system, if he has a travelers insurance rider, hes fully covered.  

There is a reason why people with money don't depend on their states insurance in foreign countries.  

^^^^:crazy:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jz125 said:

Good post. It is sad that so many are duped into an egalitarian, neo-marxist mindset that says everything should be equal and fair; the end goal as well as the processes to get to that end goal.

It is shameful for us to be talking about "world views" when the topic is about a man that has fought through the ranks, took a good slap in the face from Ted Parks, got his crap together and now arguably is the #1 guy on a true factory team. You can sugar coat it however you want but Weston Pieck has been a great motocross story and I am very sad to see this happen to him. But I do believe he can fight through this, I really do. But ultimately he is in the hands of a Sovereign God in Christ and I trust HIS end goals and means for Weston in all of this. 

I wish Weston peace through this as this is going to be very difficult for him. What is done is done and he must go through it. I really hope to see him back on Yellow.

Bringing your religious viewpoints into this thread is as inappropriate as my response to you which is why I am not sending it via a PM.  Touche!

If your Jesus Christ is so God-awfully awesome, why did he let this happen in the first place?  I have always wanted to ask a Christian that.  I am agnostic.  To quote the song Tom Sawyer by Rush, "Though is mind is not for rent, to any God or Government . . . "  That line sums me up perfectly.

NC

Edited by NumberCruncher
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, turbo dan said:

Excellent argument.  You clearly find these examples very problematic and all you can do is try to disqualify them. 

Yes, I'm sure none of those things really happened and everyone is totally happy with the NHS over there.

1. I'm not arguing with you. you spouted bull shit, I asked you to back it up. Cherry pick all the alternative facts you can get off the google.  If you are looking for an argument, go to TS and argue with the bead rattlers and foot washers over there. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, GBowman said:

Looks Weston would have had to acquire insurance outside of Canada if he was Canadian.....very similar to what an American would have to do. The difference here is if he has long term injuries and therefore “pre equisting conditions” he may find that gettting coverage will be very difficult. I like the discussion here, its something that all of these riders face and so do we. Ones health is very important....

• Like 2

He must have insurance? When I travelled to USA I got insurance ,it was not expensive?

1 hour ago, mog said:

He must have insurance? When I travelled to USA I got insurance ,it was not expensive?

I would hope he is wise enough to get an out of country policy.  I just cannot imagine traveling to another country without having coverage.

Edited by yzernie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NumberCruncher said:

Bringing your religious viewpoints into this thread is as inappropriate as my response to you which is why I am not sending it via a PM.  Touche!

If your Jesus Christ is so God-awfully awesome, why did he let this happen in the first place?  I have always wanted to ask a Christian that.  I am agnostic.  To quote the song Tom Sawyer by Rush, "Though is mind is not for rent, to any God or Government . . . "  That line sums me up perfectly.

NC

i would be more than happy to share in P.M. or we can start another thread if you would like, but not here. 

Couple of quick things:

I didn't give a religious viewpoint, I stated a fact.

My statement never linked "Jesus Christ is so God-awfully awesome, why did he let this happen in the first place?" you did. The reason you did is because you appeal to men as yourself as the ultimate authority first and then everything comes afterwards, I did not. My statement started and ended with GOD as ultimate authority.

I love Rush, but they are a band. Do you see the absurdity of appealing to them as to whether the claims of Jesus are true or not? They are musicians.

My appeal was for the love of Peick in this moment of suffering, I demonstrated that by appealing to the highest source I could. If you read my post in context it is a pouring out for the man, if you want to talk about it further I will know because you will P.M. me, otherwise I will consider this as a monologue in that you just wanted to make an assertion without backing it up because you got offended. I am totally fine with that as well. 

Now can we get back to Peick because that is what I was trying to do.

• Like 2

Really looks like that bikes foot peg got in his helmet and that is horrible!! Feel so bad for him! We are talking about Peick still right or arguing about insurance