Wilderness

200rr or ????

First off not much information on these that i have been able to find.... Ride reviews so far are people riding on the pipe so not that helpful for a single track woods machine! im also considering the KTM 150 xcw which ive heard good reviews on, once you get them dialed in. This will be my first 2-stroke in a decade so i just want to make the right decision. I have sat on the 125rr and the KTM 150 and both feel very close as far as height even though the claimed 1in seat height difference. To be honest the KTM seemed a little higher quality as far as controls go.

As far as me im 150 full gear. 

I kinda hate to buy a first year bike but Beta seems to have a pretty good track record, as far as power i believe either one will be plenty as i have ridden my Yamaha TTR230 for the past 2 years and dont find it much of a hindrance in the power department. Suspension is a different story....

So to keep a long story short im just looking for any and all info on the 200rr or people who have swapped from KTM to Beta or the other way around 

Coming off a TTR230 you will not be disappointed. I came off a WR450 and went to the 300RR, not disappointed. Will likely be adding a 200RR to the fleet in January. These bikes are not like two strokes of the past, from the MX world. Lots of usable power down low, and this bike will be noticeably lighter than the 230f you are on now. 

• Like 2

The Beta 200 has a much fuller power spread than a KTM150. Recent experience is that they can be lugged or revved.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Wilderness said:

First off not much information on these that i have been able to find.... Ride reviews so far are people riding on the pipe so not that helpful for a single track woods machine! im also considering the KTM 150 xcw which ive heard good reviews on, once you get them dialed in. This will be my first 2-stroke in a decade so i just want to make the right decision. I have sat on the 125rr and the KTM 150 and both feel very close as far as height even though the claimed 1in seat height difference. To be honest the KTM seemed a little higher quality as far as controls go.

GET A 250 or a 300.  :thumbsup:

Rode a 200 at the dealer meeting which was mostly single track. It’s an awesome bike! Nice usable spread of power that can be lugged or can easily be revved when you want it. Still has that light nimble feeling of the 125! 

Been about 3 years since I rode a KTM 150. It was cool, but basically just a fast 125 with a little broader power. The 200 has a lot more bottom end!

I understand your worry about a 1st year bike. I had the same feeling in 2013 when I bought my son the first year 250rr, but it was a great bike! Plus most of the bike is the same as a 125rr so the bugs have been worked out.  

• Like 4

I kinda hate to buy a first year bike but Beta seems to have a pretty good track record, as far as power i believe either one will be plenty as i have ridden my Yamaha TTR230 for the past 2 years and dont find it much of a hindrance in the power department. Suspension is a different story....
So to keep a long story short im just looking for any and all info on the 200rr or people who have swapped from KTM to Beta or the other way around 
I'm pretty much in the same boat. I'll be coming off a crf 230f and I'm looking for my first 2 stroke with 4 possible contenders on the list. 2 being the 200rr and 250rr. I won't be buying anything until later next year I suspect, so at least then there should (hopefully) be more individual accounts on the 200rr that are more in depth than the limited videos already out. From the info I've seen so far, it may he a great bike for the slow and technical stuff and will allow for more clutching/throttle mistakes than say, the 125rr. However I'm most curious about its top end capabilities because there's some sections up in Michigan that are kind of fast and flowy, and I'm wondering if it can handle that stuff ok. Being that it's a mid range displacement and it's on the lighter side, I'm not so sure itll be ideal.

@motoxgiant and @eloc rode the bike recently and gave high praise of the capabilities of the 200rr. Compared to the CRF/TTR230 platform, it will be far and above what you have been riding in all aspects. 

Edited by redhurricane
  • Like 3

Good to hear! decisions decisions..... I was hoping to see some videos from the dealer demo ride but havent seen any as of yet!

150lbs geared up on a 200, will be like a 190-200lb guy on a 250. If I was your weight I'd go with the 200RR all day long. That bike will have no issue ripping you around. 

• Like 2

I'm curious about it's top end too,  none of the reports I've seen really seem to cover that, and we do have some events around here that have very fast stretches in them. Or maybe I could keep my 300 for those...

• Like 1

so to all the Beta owners any regrets or gripes about anything? I do all my own wrenching, are the easy to work on? 

200rr is going to be a winner, one will be sitting next to my 250rr and tse250r at some point this summer!!

200rr is going to be a winner, one will be sitting next to my 250rr and tse250r at some point this summer!!
That tse is another candidate on my list. Heard pretty good things so far.

16 minutes ago, 230 Sausage said:
30 minutes ago, jmd426 said:

That tse is another candidate on my list. Heard pretty good things so far.

Its turned out to be an excellent bike!

• Like 1

Yea the dude at my local Beta dealer has a TSE250 demo bike that he says he has beat all over the place and loves it.... He said it didnt quit have the power as the Beta equivalent but a damn good bike for the money 

• Like 1

Yea the dude at my local Beta dealer has a TSE250 demo bike that he says he has beat all over the place and loves it.... He said it didnt quit have the power as the Beta equivalent but a damn good bike for the money 
That price tag is really tempting. But I'm gonna play the waiting game ultimately

6 minutes ago, Wilderness said:

I would agree with that. Its pretty much the modern day kdx 200, imo its hard to beat in the tight single track will not wear you out and will lug unbelievably low without stalling. I am running a smart carb on mine tho that makes quit a difference.   Basicly its a 2017 husky with a yamaha it200/dt230 engine

2 minutes ago, jmd426 said:

I would agree with that. Its pretty much the modern day kdx 200, imo its hard to beat in the tight single track will not wear you out and will lug unbelievably low without stalling. I am running a smart carb on mine tho that makes quit a difference.   Basicly its a 2017 husky with a yamaha it200/dt230 engine

What size lectron you put on the 230 “Lanza”? Were changes typical to how other bikes respond to the lectron? Put me down as a tse250r fan; thread hijack!