Wilderness

200rr or ????

54 minutes ago, 230 Sausage said:

Technically Pitster pro is the company that imports the bike and I know that company has been around for many moons. I understand the naysaying and all about the China bike, especially from the diehards, but I'm just sayin.. im gonna explore my options carefully.

I wish you and anyone luck. I’m just giving my opinion. It’s a forum after all. If it works out then great. Still you have to admit it’s a risk especially compared to something like a Beta. It’s cheap though. That’s the carrot dangling. I’ll hang back and watch everyone else who tries something brand new with a ton of what if’s variables. If you buy please share. Even though it’s cheap I don’t think I’ll ever buy but in time you never know.

11 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

I haven’t looked yet . Seat height? Is it like a ktm or Beta? I haven’t seen this bike yet. Im not imagining its in the 200 rr category.

Not sure on specs but in real life seat height is the same as 2018 250rr

Edited by jmd426
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Wilderness said:

i was also looking at the 150 xc-w and the TE150 and was wanting to stay with a small bore 2T. I was close to buying a ktm 150 but the dealers around here are not my favorite people. And from what ive read and videos ive seen the ktm and husky 150s need some work (as im sure all do). My local Beta dealer is small and seems like a good guy so i would much rather give him my business. Now if the yamaha had a lower seat height, a headlight, e-start, ect ect... i wouldnt have even started looking at other brands in the first place.

I was looking at the ktm 150 xc-w as well, but what I have seen and read that KTM has too many issues with new bikes off the showroom floor. I currently have a yz 250X, and I love the bike, but I want to add another bike to the stable thats lighter, with e-start, hydro clutch, 6 speed, and a little tamer. Kicking the bike in an awkward position on a hill or after stalling in deep mud is a bitch. Also during long rides the vibration from the yamaha starts to get to you. Im really looking forward to getting the Beta 200rr. I think this bike will bridge the gap for a lot of riders.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, redhurricane said:

NVM, I could not help myself. In process with the seller to buy and ship to me. :)

What are you getting?! couldnt tell by the link!

13 hours ago, Wilderness said:

What are you getting?! couldnt tell by the link!

Well..... actually I ended up letting someone else cut in line and take it. Another individual in Indiana is headed down this weekend to get the bike and got a GREAT deal. I'm back to looking at the 200RR for the kid. Demo ride in 8 days. 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

Well..... actually I ended up letting someone else cut in line and take it. Another individual in Indiana is headed down this weekend to get the bike and got a GREAT deal. I'm back to looking at the 200RR for the kid. Demo ride in 8 days. 
Seems like I come across a lot of people from my state on here, lol.

Hey make sure you get some good footage, perhaps with commentary, of the 200. I'm dying to see how this thing stacks up.

19 minutes ago, 230 Sausage said:

Seems like I come across a lot of people from my state on here, lol.

Hey make sure you get some good footage, perhaps with commentary, of the 200. I'm dying to see how this thing stacks up.

Will do. Coming off a variety of 250/450 4 strokes, and the wife and daughter coming off 250X hondas, we all LOVE the Xtrainer and 300. the 200RR is not going to disappoint. 

@66chad you better put some pics up of your purchase this weekend too. 

• Like 4
  • Helpful 1

1 hour ago, Wilderness said:

Officially put the deposit down on a 200RR! im so excited! 

Even if you change your mind I’m sure there’s buyer waiting to take that bike off your hands. :thumbsup:. Seems there is no one who rode the bike that doesn’t like it..

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 1

It will be a huge upgrade either way from what im used to so I believe ill be alright. My local dealer is small and ran by the man and his wife and they are both super nice so im sure it will be a good experience. They told me if im lonely before it comes in im more than welcome to come up there and sit on any of the other bikes they have

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

I wasn't a big fan of the 200rr. I think it's more about expectations than anything else. I was expecting it to be more like a mini 300 (linear like that) but it ended up being more like the 125. Obviously more powerful but was just expecting more lower end. Really was a fun bike to ride though, just wouldn't choose it as my only bike. Think the 250 was a happy medium.

• Like 3

I wasn't a big fan of the 200rr. I think it's more about expectations than anything else. I was expecting it to be more like a mini 300 (linear like that) but it ended up being more like the 125. Obviously more powerful but was just expecting more lower end. Really was a fun bike to ride though, just wouldn't choose it as my only bike. Think the 250 was a happy medium.
See that's what I'm ultimately wondering about. 250 may be where it's at. Of course for someone like me who's never ridden the 300, I may be overthinking this one..
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 230 Sausage said:
1 hour ago, lom said:

See that's what I'm ultimately wondering about. 250 may be where it's at. Of course for someone like me who's never ridden the 300, I may be overthinking this one..

I've ridden a lot of things in my years. 1000cc superbikes, 650cc 4 strokes, 500cc 2 strokes, all the way down to 125 2 strokes. For a woods bike, the 200 will be plenty and have a big fun factor. I restored a 2001 KDX220 for a good friend last year, and forgot how fun that size bike is. the 15# lost on the 200RR vs the 250/300 will be noticed. Not in fatigue, but in how easy it is to flick between the trees. 

I also took the 300RR out this afternoon for some adjustments, and did some hot laps around the neighborhood spinning the rear while the front is coming off the ground is PLENTY of power for anyone. demo is next weekend, I'll give my honest review of the 200RR after I ride it. 

• Like 4

I've ridden a lot of things in my years. 1000cc superbikes, 650cc 4 strokes, 500cc 2 strokes, all the way down to 125 2 strokes. For a woods bike, the 200 will be plenty and have a big fun factor. I restored a 2001 KDX220 for a good friend last year, and forgot how fun that size bike is. the 15# lost on the 200RR vs the 250/300 will be noticed. Not in fatigue, but in how easy it is to flick between the trees. 

I also took the 300RR out this afternoon for some adjustments, and did some hot laps around the neighborhood spinning the rear while the front is coming off the ground is PLENTY of power for anyone. demo is next weekend, I'll give my honest review of the 200RR after I ride it. 
Can't wait