What to buy: Beta 200rr or ????

Like everyone else except the dealers who have had the opportunity to ride the 200 I would think it would be ideal for a shorter person, reasons being the Beta will be lower than the Yamaha, two the Beta comes with the magic button and three: it's KOOL to have something different. I'm also 5'6" and have been riding for 50+ years, my choice of bike was Yamaha in the 2 stroke variety then as my age caught up to me I wanted the electric' start and shorter seat height. 

My Beta has been very good to me and I will not hesitate to purchase another, I would really like to ride and compare a 200 with the 250, but am impressed with my 300. Good luck in your quest.

• Like 2

so to all the Beta owners any regrets or gripes about anything? I do all my own wrenching, are the easy to work on? 
Super easy to work on. Everything is well laid out. Started tearing my 2013 250 down today for a total rebuild. It has been a great machine. Far exceeded my expectations as a first year bike. BETA just hits home runs. I am eagerly awaiting my 200. I am around 155 w/o gear. The 250 is way more power than I have ever needed. The 200 has me very excited.
  • Like 4

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 7:21 AM, Wilderness said:

First off not much information on these that i have been able to find.... Ride reviews so far are people riding on the pipe so not that helpful for a single track woods machine! im also considering the KTM 150 xcw which ive heard good reviews on, once you get them dialed in. This will be my first 2-stroke in a decade so i just want to make the right decision. I have sat on the 125rr and the KTM 150 and both feel very close as far as height even though the claimed 1in seat height difference. To be honest the KTM seemed a little higher quality as far as controls go.

As far as me im 150 full gear. 

I kinda hate to buy a first year bike but Beta seems to have a pretty good track record, as far as power i believe either one will be plenty as i have ridden my Yamaha TTR230 for the past 2 years and dont find it much of a hindrance in the power department. Suspension is a different story....

So to keep a long story short im just looking for any and all info on the 200rr or people who have swapped from KTM to Beta or the other way around 

I rode many of the 2019 KTM's and the bike that tired me out was the 150xcw. Not sure why other then a racing class you would want a 2t 150??? That said I rode many 200's and never came away with I gotta have one. 250 would be a much better bike if you cant get a ride on a Beta 200 before purchase.

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 7:15 PM, eloc said:

Really like the YZ 250x as a race bike. It’s a great bike. However it’s a full race bike! 

The 200 is a lot more versatile of a bike. It can be a great race bike and is also an awesome trail bike. 

YZ250x was a brutal bike to ride in any thing tight or rec trail rider. I prefer a 450 then this 250x. Seemed many that rode this bike on the demo day felt the same. I bet Yamaha keeps this bike around because tooling of paid for.

My plans for the 200 are just for playin around. I dont race, im not fast, and im coming off a ttr230. I believe a 200 2t on a small frame will be perfect for my needs. I mean me and the ol ttr230 have been through some rough shit and its always been fine! I just want to smell that 2t again! 

• Like 3

My plans for the 200 are just for playin around. I dont race, im not fast, and im coming off a ttr230. I believe a 200 2t on a small frame will be perfect for my needs. I mean me and the ol ttr230 have been through some rough shit and its always been fine! I just want to smell that 2t again! 

I’m excited for you! Your making a great decision all I do is think about the next time I get to ride my Beta [emoji16]
  • Like 2

Agreed. As long as I can go a little faster and not suffer through the whoops and fall behind everyone, while at the same time improve on skills then it may be the bike for me.

On 11/22/2018 at 2:15 PM, eloc said:

Really like the YZ 250x as a race bike. It’s a great bike. However it’s a full race bike! 

The 200 is a lot more versatile of a bike. It can be a great race bike and is also an awesome trail bike. 

Funny you should say that as there are a bunch of guys that love the yz250x for hard enduro trails here . Great race bike too. For me it’s good but no sense get a bike without estart or another gear. Maybe because there’s a solid following of yz250 modded for trail here first.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Funny you should say that as there are a bunch of guys that love the yz250x for hard enduro trails here . Great race bike too. For me it’s good but no sense get a bike without estart or another gear. Maybe because there’s a solid following of yz250 modded for trail here first.
Just another example for the 250x, check out a channel called BeRAD on youtube. He's up in Michigan trails a lot, which have much faster sections, but also took his bike out west and he was chucking that thing all over the gnarly stuff no problem.

I think the 200RR is going to be a sold out model for 2019- I finally got to ride my brand new '18 300RR last weekend, and absolutely love it. More power than I'll ever need, and light. the 200RR being in the sweet spot with power and agility it will be the modern day KDX killer. 
Yea I'm gonna wait for the 2020 model if possible, unless I get antsy and find a 250rr on sale somewhere, since I'm torn between the two. It sounds like this 200 is gonna be the shizzle, but I still want more individual accounts and reviews so I can see ALL of the pros and cons. I love the idea of the smaller, more ergonomic size of the 200.
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, 230 Sausage said:

Yea I'm gonna wait for the 2020 model if possible, unless I get antsy and find a 250rr on sale somewhere, since I'm torn between the two. It sounds like this 200 is gonna be the shizzle, but I still want more individual accounts and reviews so I can see ALL of the pros and cons. I love the idea of the smaller, more ergonomic size of the 200.

I don’t think the 250rr is any larger ergonomic wise. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 230 Sausage said:
17 minutes ago, shrubitup said:

Same seat height but narrow frame like the 125rr to my understanding? From what I'm reading, the 250 and 300 are slightly heftier than 125/200. Probably negligible, if anything though I guess.

14# to be exact. 200RR wet weight without fuel is supposed to be 215#. 250/300 at 229#. ALL the bikes are narrow compared to what you are riding now. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 230 Sausage said:
20 minutes ago, shrubitup said:

Same seat height but narrow frame like the 125rr to my understanding? From what I'm reading, the 250 and 300 are slightly heftier than 125/200. Probably negligible, if anything though I guess.

Yes they weigh and ride differently but the size (other than width) is similar. Amazing how much difference there is in feel between the 250/300.

• NoFiddyPilot changed the title to What to buy: Beta 200rr or ????