What to buy: Beta 200rr or ????

12 minutes ago, 66chad said:

IMG_0134.jpg

Thanks too red hurricane we have another proud 1st beta owner my step son with this awesome xtrainer.

This x trainer will replace his crf 230. My daughter rides a klx 140.

Now red just spend some more and get that 200rr for ur daughter geez emoji849.png.

Nice work- you scored with that bike. Great price and lots of goodies to go with it. I only have a little remorse letting that one slip through my fingers but the enjoyment you guys will have offsets that ten fold. If you ever get out west lets put together some riding plans. 

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

I would agree with Goatse in high country, but not in the mid west. 

I agree here in the mid west some in the HS series are ordering the 200 for racing going down in cc. I may be faster with a 200 idk but I still love my 300.

As everybody knows more horsepower is alot of times a negative.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Wilderness said:

200 riding starts around the 4 minute mark

Awesome, thanks for posting your video. Love the back to back comparisons with the Beta lineup. 

I spent 6 years on KTM and GasGas 200's and rode in some of the steepest gnarly stuff here in Oregon and Washington, including Moab on some of the really technical terrain and the 200's have far better low end to lug than most think. There wasn't one climb I couldn't make on my 200's. Raced them and had great success in Vet A class with no problems against 250/300 and the bigger cc thumpers. 

Fantastic bikes that are a great mix of light weight with enough torque to get you through the gnar. 

I'll add one to the 390 at some point. Highly underrated bikes. 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

3 hours ago, BassMan said:

Well that was an interesting video of a slow 4 stroke type rider on the 200. Would have like to have seen it ridden as intended.

I know what you mean after watching the vid. It’s good that we have that vid . Thanks for posting by the way but I was thinking too.. go a gear higher and clutch a little and pin that thing at least in a straight!!

The other 200 vids show some of that though. It’s nice that this bike is smooth and has some low end too. We will see 200’s later and we’ll know how they work in time. I felt like reaching in and turning the throttle too though!!?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

I know what you mean after watching the vid. It’s good that we have that vid . Thanks for posting by the way but I was thinking too.. go a gear higher and clutch a little and pin that thing at least in a straight!!

The other 200 vids show some of that though. It’s nice that this bike is smooth and has some low end too. We will see 200’s later and we’ll know how they work in time. I felt like reaching in and turning the throttle too though!!?

it's not his vid, was just posted by him. 

This saturday I have my demo day, and I'll get you some footage of the 200RR opened up a little. As someone once said to me- "Don't be gentle, its a rental". 

• Like 5

This saturday I have my demo day, and I'll get you some footage of the 200RR opened up a little. As someone once said to me- "Don't be gentle, its a rental". 
I may have broken a hand guard on the 300RE lol. Seriously, they replaced a lot of parts and they do it quickly. Was really impressed on the upkeep and overall quality of the demo program.
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, redhurricane said:

Yea saw that.. appreciate the link from him or anyone in any case. Look forward to your vid .  When I ride another guys bike I’m respectful. This demo day thing  I guess is a bit different..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Yea saw that.. appreciate the link from him or anyone in any case. Look forward to your vid .  When I ride another guys bike I’m respectful. This demo day thing  I guess is a bit different..

I have no intent in breaking their bikes. But I will ride it similar to what I would do with my own equipment. If not, might as well go to the dealer, sit on non running bikes and make ring ding noises to get a feel for how it performs. 

• Like 4

For the record it was just a really rookie mistake lol. Definitely wasn't looking to break anything. Where we did the test ride is where we do hare scrambles and the spot where I ate it seems to be a spot that's always a problem for me. It's not even bad, think it's a mental issue for eating it there several times lol. Wish I was on the 200 when I ate it, would have been easier to lift off of me lol.

• Like 2

Small bores fully capable. 

One of our local boys at Gifford Pinchot. High elevation, steep and full of gnar. Husky WR125. 

https://www.pbj.mx/Motorcycles/2011-OFF-ROAD-RIDES/11-09-05-GIFFORD-PINCHOT/i-8TqwPsT/A

I did it several years ago on my GasGas EC200. Following year did it on KTM 450exc. Better with the little Gasgas!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, redhurricane said:

TMI

Here's a good sampling, note that he's haulin' through it. 

That looks awesome! Landscape out west is so nice. I live close to the Smokey Mountains but the grass is always greener on the other side right??

• Like 1

This local guy has  a 150 and he rides good on it. If you aren’t big and heavy it’s not bad at all. It’s only in the short no runway straight hill ledge hill type stuff that one will miss the grunt of a 25O or 300.  A 200 is going to be not bad at all and that’s why guys are going to love this new rr .  I like a 300 for lugging and me though but a 200 isn’t bad. .. just need a little technique for the hardest stuff. Lots aren’t doing real hard trails anyway too . For some the lighter bike is worth it.

• NoFiddyPilot changed the title to What to buy: Beta 200rr or ????