What to buy: Beta 200rr or ????

2 hours ago, BassMan said:
8 hours ago, dirtbird said:

Also if you enlarge the photo, you'll notice that the inlet boot is reinforced in the injection nipple area. 

Yes that looks nice, but the whole idea is very inconvenient. Who wants to mess with bringing non mixed gas with them. I run 32:1 in all my smokers and this will be no different.

Are you going to transfer your CC forks over?

Most likely, they have been freshened up and hard coated, I will get them tomorrow. I will of course try the new forks first and see how they are.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, BassMan said:

Most likely, they have been freshened up and hard coated, I will get them tomorrow. I will of course try the new forks first and see how they are.

Yeah, why mess with success?  I'm really hoping I can make this bike happen next year. 

• Like 3

Yeah, why mess with success?  I'm really hoping I can make this bike happen next year. 
Well I need something to ride, lol, my 250 is mostly disassembled all over my garage floor. The motor is on the bench not yet torn into. The bottom end has about 350 hrs on it. No noises, was in spec still after last year but I am most likely going to tear it all the way down even if in spec unless everything looks perfect and then i might just see how many hours it takes to fry the main bearings or the rod to go. I have had the bottom end rebuild kit since last year.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, BassMan said:
3 hours ago, GP said:

Well I need something to ride, lol, my 250 is mostly disassembled all over my garage floor. The motor is on the bench not yet torn into. The bottom end has about 350 hrs on it. No noises, was in spec still after last year but I am most likely going to tear it all the way down even if in spec unless everything looks perfect and then i might just see how many hours it takes to fry the main bearings or the rod to go. I have had the bottom end rebuild kit since last year.

I'm at somewhere around 400 hrs est on the lower end, hour meter broke awhile ago.  Buying a top end and checking the rod, if rod clearance looks good I'm going to run it.  Like yours it sounds tight and runs hard and smooth.  Also like you, I'm a believer in a healthy premix ratio, not the Euro reg inspired 60:1 crap.  This is the first bike I'm not eager to sell for a new one, due to all the suspension work, otherwise I could probably swing a new 200RR.    I think what I will do in the meantime is build another set of forks because I'm spoiled.

• Like 1

I can’t believe all you guys will be leaving the 250 crew ;) We are slim as it is!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, NW_drZ said:

I can’t believe all you guys will be leaving the 250 crew ;) We are slim as it is!

Hey all this may just be a phase. .. or guys will just get multiple Betas for different days. :smirk::ride: 

Plus there will be more used 250’s on the market 

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 1

I am never getting rid of my 250. Great bike and will be used when needed and appropriate, especially on more open courses and if the conditions are terrible then the 250 can take the damage. Lol

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, BassMan said:

I am never getting rid of my 250. Great bike and will be used when needed and appropriate, especially on more open courses and if the conditions are terrible then the 250 can take the damage. Lol

Yea well I say the same thing about my 300 rr and my other Betas... but especially my 300

5 hours ago, NW_drZ said:

Thats my point, I want to keep the 250.  I don't want to have only one bike I have to start over with, I'd like to develop a 200 with what I learned from the 250.  

• Like 7

8 hours ago, GP said:

Thats my point, I want to keep the 250.  I don't want to have only one bike I have to start over with, I'd like to develop a 200 with what I learned from the 250.  

Get it Glen!  I want to try it!  I'm really loving my TX300, maybe even more than my previous Beta's in some respects, but would love a small framed 200 for the kind of riding we do.  If the 200rr has torque like the older KTM's it's going to be a winner!  even if it still comes with Sachs.  At least forks can be easily changed....much harder to change the chassis!

1 hour ago, WoodsRacerDotCom said:

Get it Glen!  I want to try it!  I'm really loving my TX300, maybe even more than my previous Beta's in some respects, but would love a small framed 200 for the kind of riding we do.  If the 200rr has torque like the older KTM's it's going to be a winner!  even if it still comes with Sachs.  At least forks can be easily changed....much harder to change the chassis!

Can't do it now $$ wise,  next year.  Just bought a truck in Sept too.  I'm thinking smaller and lighter will be a better bike for when I grow up and get old.  At Holiday Mountain when I crashed and was pulling the 250 off the side of a rock wall in a foot of mud  I was thinking how smaller would be good.  Yeah we know the old KTM motors pulled hard.  Hey a little more time might be good, let things shake out and more accessories / armor get developed.  Suspension I have dialed, I know exactly what to do.  It kinda sucks having to pay for OC forks, OI you don't want, and no kicker you do, but is what it is.

• Like 1

What is everyone's issue with OI except the obvious something else to mess up on the trail? i am genuinely curious since ive had it in the past and luckily never had any issues. 

I guess im asking what are the gains of not having OI?

Edited by Wilderness

2 minutes ago, Wilderness said:

What is everyone's issue with OI except the obvious something else to mess up on the trail? i am genuinely curious since ive had it in the past and luckily never had any issues. 

I guess im asking what are the gains of not having OI?

Not going to let this thread go down that hole.  Plenty of threads, discussions, arguments, examples, etc., do a search.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, GP said:

Not going to let this thread go down that hole.  Plenty of threads, discussions, arguments, examples, etc., do a search.

True, this thread is a hole in itself

I'd appreciate it if everyone could stop talking about the 200RR. I'm not made out of money!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Marylander said:

I'd appreciate it if everyone could stop talking about the 200RR. I'm not made out of money!

Probably shouldn't mention that mine should be here very shortly then? ill keep the pics and videos of Tennessee singletrack to minimum to help you out 👌

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Marylander said:

None of us are. But life is fragile. take risks. I still want to go back and buy one more. 

image.png.c5e1c57326d0d5affe357f587af16cee.png

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, redhurricane said:

None of us are. But life is fragile. take risks. I still want to go back and buy one more.

Heh, nice. I've already got 6 bikes... Maybe my wife won't notice one more.

• Like 1