Who makes the best front disc & caliper guard for a beta?

I’ve been having issues in the rocks and figure i should do something to protect the frontend while i’m still ahead of the game. I’m thinking the hyde is best, but what do you guys think?

IMG_1733.JPG

images.jpeg.8b23a1e83d0078a383a08e1449d34e66.jpeg

hp_cdf_140_l-800x800.jpg.cc3a2a5951ae8abb0c9a5838f1d9e945.jpg

hp_cdf_140_r-800x800.jpg.f3dd7414cb8cabdfc3e54440c722f03f.jpg

hp_cdf_113-800x800.jpg.7a30eb9ea1e3c73086209b7e69eb65e3.jpg

Unknown.jpeg.8c58c743e4e32541671ac419d3a0580d.jpeg

Hopefully they got one in black for me.

☠️[emoji41]☠️

Edited by surfer-dude

The Hyde stuff is surprisingly strong and still very light, but it will flex some around the disc if hit hard - although by then it has likely absorbed enough energy to keep anything else from being damaged. It also wraps around everything very well and slides smoothly against stuff without hanging up at all.

Topar Racing is probably the strongest setup that also protects the caliper though. I’ve tried both and stuck with the Topar because it makes my front wheel swaps easier (I usually just leave it on even when flipping over to the moto wheels). I did leave the brake control side Hyde piece on, though had to modify it a little to fit my axle puller (easy enough with a dremel).

Neither of these are a bad option though. Here are a few pics you can zoom in on.

IMG_5273.JPGIMG_5272.JPGIMG_5275.JPG

• Like 1

The weird thing about bpd is it looks just like topar.  Topar has an option to protect more though. 
I haven't seen the Topar in person, but I think I did look at those, and they're a multi piece setup. I like that the BPD units are 1 piece. Less bolts to worry about rattling out, coming loose, etc.

The BPD does look better aesthetically as well IMO.

I have considered the Topar fork bottom guard for the right side, as I did bugger up a fork bottom on my last bike (FX). I've been hoping BPD would come out with one soon, because I am a bit OCD and would prefer them to match.

If you guys check out my pic, the caliper holder is nicked up along with all of the bolts and id like that to be covered as well. The caliper protection is one of the things i like most about the hyde.

The bolts being ground off from rocks makes using sockets a little tricky, and i probly need to replace some of them.

On 11/24/2018 at 4:22 PM, Goatse said:

I haven't seen the Topar in person, but I think I did look at those, and they're a multi piece setup. I like that the BPD units are 1 piece. Less bolts to worry about rattling out, coming loose, etc.

The BPD does look better aesthetically as well IMO.

I have considered the Topar fork bottom guard for the right side, as I did bugger up a fork bottom on my last bike (FX). I've been hoping BPD would come out with one soon, because I am a bit OCD and would prefer them to match.

I had topar on my cr honda. Nothing moves. It’s super solid and very high quality. To me some of the design of bpd almost looks like a straight ripoff from Topar. Especially the front disc guard.  Topar just added an option to have a caliper protected if you want.

https://www.google.com/search?q=topar+front+disc+guard&client=safari&hl=en-us&prmd=isvn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiFzKXopvTeAhWhqlQKHaxFAkYQ_AUoAXoECAwQAQ&biw=414&bih=617

https://www.google.com/search?q=bullet+proof+designs++front+disc+guard&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwjQt5mdp_TeAhUHhVQKHfrXCIQQ2-cCegQIABAC&oq=bullet+proof+designs++front+disc+guard&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-img.3...6961.10379..10873...0.0..0.197.1243.0j9......0....1.........30i10.8XMJdVPCd54&ei=mhT9W9CCLoeK0gL6r6OgCA&client=safari&prmd=sivn&biw=414&bih=617&hl=en-us

Edited by hawaiidirtrider