In a memo to Suzuki, what would you think if they???????

TT

I just finished for the second time, the results of the MXA 450 shootout and when I was reading the placement story on the RMZ they make it very clear, as far as R&D, they are way behind. So much so that unless there was a total scrap, Suzuki would not be able to catch up with the newer offerings from the other manufacturers. 

I pose a solution based on "my own personal preferences" and so I think it would be wise to ask for feedback. Many of you are talented riders, I am not one of them, so I wanted to see what this suggestion would bear. Here it is:

Suzuki is way behind: ok we know that. I think they should stay there but with a redesign. I would like to see them loosen the slack angle, loosen the frame, move away from Showa and spec SSS KYB with their own specification and settle down the bike (cannot use Yamaha's specs, and they either go to stiff or too mushy with Showas, there is no babies porridge), keep the ergos and the stunning looks (nothing looks like a Suzuki, I love the way they look) scrap the engine completely and go with a much lighter, UniCam style of engine with good bottom, fatten up the mid just a smidge for a nice bump over obstacles, and let it rev out like Suzuki engines of the past. Get rid of the couplers and all the gingerbread (although the F.I. would have to stay), beef the clutch but leave it cable............In other words I would like to see them just build a stripped down, light weight, simple to maintain, minimal gyroscopic effect from the 4 stroke, and less expensive race bike, kind of like a 2 stroke but with a powerband. 

In my estimation this would be financially a much easier option as this is existing technology and Suzuki has copied other designs before with great success. (Remember the G.S.?) They would have the opportunity to bridge a gap that many complain about which is the high costs of owning and maintaining a more modern engine and electronic suite package as compared to a well set up 2 stroke that is extremely easy to work on, fun to ride, less expensive, and much lighter weight. Face it, you may be one of these guys that says "I don't feel the weight of my new CRF450R on the track!", if that was truly the case than why is it almost everyone that gives a reason for switching back to 2 stroke includes light weight as a reason?

So, would it sell? 

29 minutes ago, jz125 said:

Suzuki is way behind: ok we know that. I think they should stay there but with a redesign. I would like to see them loosen the slack angle, loosen the frame, move away from Showa and spec SSS KYB with their own specification and settle down the bike 

Every RM that has been designed since the 80’s has been a corner carver with no regard for stability. I doubt Suzuki could even design the chassis you are asking for 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, MotorBoatin said:

Every RM that has been designed since the 80’s has been a corner carver with no regard for stability. I doubt Suzuki could even design the chassis you are asking for 

The new frame is more rigid and tighter, I guess they thought it could turn better which is why I said that.

2 hours ago, HevyRotashunz said:

Nope, just start making the RM smoker again, but add a 300 jug to it. emoji120.png

You mean 500 don't you :D Forget all that other crap and make a 500 smoker again.

Op; the thing is, as long as they sell what they are making, they'll keep making it. If people want it to change, you have to stop buying them. They are hardly going to care what a magazine has to say, there are plenty of happy RMZ owners out there.

Besides, they can just pump out a few more million Swifts and make more than the whole motorcycle sector put together.

• Like 3

More misinformation from the misinformation master.  You are so far up KTM's ass you actually believe this shit.

So easy to prove you wrong

Kawasaki

Lighter than the Jap bikes

Hydro clutch

Electric start

Bigger front brake ( a few years back)

Neutral handling with good turning

Almost a down draft engine design

Slim

Wins the shootouts

Which bits are not copied from the KTM ?

Suzuki

Tried to go another way with the design , last in every shootout

It's not rocket science to see how you do well with the media and how to do very badly

I trust you will try to debate this and say Kawasaki eleectric start hydro clutch and bigger brakes are actually like a Yamaha or honda maybe or Suzuki lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

By showing that with awesome marketing even baby poop orange bikes with never fixed faults could be sold to silly, impressionable fan boys by the boat load.  Hey guys, it worked for Hardly, lets see if it works in the dirty arena.  And get that accessory line going!

Edited by Piney Woods
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1