In a memo to Suzuki, what would you think if they???????

10 minutes ago, mog said:

Maniac Sorry but 9 years is a long time in my book , most riders will not be in the sport that long , I just don't get your thinking

Chacoone In the USA you see a flat line as declining sales ? I don't think that's true

The peak around the boom period is an unfair comparison ,everyone was using someone else's money to buy stuff , everything sold well

So no actual Decline since the 4 strokes became popular , that was a long time ago .
The facts just don't support the talk.

You might want to compare to say the 1980s but seriously the world is totally different,you had almost no forms of transport for fun back then ,now we have massive competition from lots of new places like MTB bikes sxs etc

If this graph went to 17 and 18 I think it would show small increases again

That's how I feel on the subject and I feel the sport is doing far better than you both make out

Shall we revisit this topic in 9 years? How about 18 years? I’m willing to guess that 9 years from now sales will not be up, nor even flat. They will be down as us elderly diminish.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mog said:

Maniac Sorry but 9 years is a long time in my book , most riders will not be in the sport that long , I just don't get your thinking

Chacoone In the USA you see a flat line as declining sales ? I don't think that's true

The peak around the boom period is an unfair comparison ,everyone was using someone else's money to buy stuff , everything sold well

So no actual Decline since the 4 strokes became popular , that was a long time ago .
The facts just don't support the talk.

You might want to compare to say the 1980s but seriously the world is totally different,you had almost no forms of transport for fun back then ,now we have massive competition from lots of new places like MTB bikes sxs etc

If this graph went to 17 and 18 I think it would show small increases again

That's how I feel on the subject and I feel the sport is doing far better than you both make out

Stop flailing that wasn't a boom those were typical averages for those times,  but the decline has been going on for a long time even before that. I live here I see. I am not going to go back and dig up anymore for you it should be clear. If car sales were half of what they used to be there would be massive layoffs. And it should be clear to you why I say things I do, despite @KTMRider4Life.

Small increases don't matter at this point, and I will even give the proof-less claim for 17 & 18 which you called me out for previously. The age curve should be what gives real pause. The US market for dirtbikes have been trouble for a long time for many reasons and a lot of the same reasons also effect road bikes too. 

• Like 1

Look at the links I posted , but ice bikes probably won't be around in 18 years time , the EU will have banned them lol

Sorry but the facts say things are 9k and getting better ,the links show experts predict growth

I don't see you or chanoone as anything but glass half empty

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Stop flailing that wasn't a boom those were typical averages for those times,  but the decline has been going on for a long time even before that. I live here I see. I am not going to go back and dig up anymore for you it should be clear. If car sales were half of what they used to be there would be massive layoffs. And it should be clear to you why I say things I do, despite [mention=93778]KTMRider4Life[/mention].
Small increases don't matter at this point, and I will even give the proof-less claim for 17 & 18 which you called me out for previously. The age curve should be what gives real pause. The US market for dirtbikes have been trouble for a long time for many reasons and a lot of the same reasons also effect road bikes too. 
Where do you get your info ?

This graph clearly shows we are better than before the boom

You simply don't have any facts do you ?

Screenshot_20181208-161527.jpeg

2 minutes ago, mog said:

Look at the links I posted , but ice bikes probably won't be around in 18 years time , the EU will have banned them lol

Sorry but the facts say things are 9k and getting better ,the links show experts predict growth

I don't see you or chanoone as anything but glass half empty

Ok whatever. You believe what you wanna believe. Your experts are industry insiders that have a vested interest. The last link you posted had no breakout for dirtbikes.

Ok whatever. You believe what you wanna believe. Your experts are industry insiders that have a vested interest. The last link you posted had no breakout for dirtbikes.
Nothing you say has any factual information based on anything other than your " feeling " and you don't break that down into off road and road !

1 minute ago, mog said:
3 minutes ago, Chaconne said:

Nothing you say has any factual information based on anything other than your " feeling " and you don't break that down into off road and road !

I sent you the graphs and I sent you the age curves that clearly show the trends and support the ideas I have stated. Plus, I live here and can see. None of the "facts" you have recently posted come close. One link has no breakout for dirtbikes and makes claims that seem specious to me, there could be some improvement but I don't think it will impact dirbikes as much as road bikes. And the second post talks about global sales which I don't and never have disputed.

We are talking about the US here. I hope you are right but I don't think so from everything I know. And the trend of young people not liking bikes is in agreement with one of your links.

I sent you the graphs and I sent you the age curves that clearly show the trends and support the ideas I have stated. Plus, I live here and can see. None of the "facts" you have recently posted come close. One link has no breakout for dirtbikes and makes claims that seem specious to me, there could be some improvement but I don't think it will impact dirbikes as much as road bikes. And the second post talks about global sales which I don't and never have disputed.
We are talking about the US here. I hope you are right but I don't think so from everything I know. And the trend of young people not liking bikes is in agreement with one of your links.

Young people like bikes, they're just broke and not confident. You can't imagine how womanly young dudes are now, they're like girls were in the 80s. Motorcycles are scary.
  • Like 5

I've showed links in the USA and for off road previously , you clearly don't look or you would realise you are incorrect .....

You try to say the links are not giving a real picture ,but you give zero facts,no links ,you base your info on " feeling "

Please provide something tangible....

3 hours ago, mog said:

I've showed links in the USA and for off road previously , you clearly don't look or you would realise you are incorrect .....

You try to say the links are not giving a real picture ,but you give zero facts,no links ,you base your info on " feeling "

Please provide something tangible....

None of your links about the US market were incisive. These are incisive there is no "feeling" here. You must be hung over. And unlike your powersports link which likely included ATV and UTV sales to get to 500k in sales, Bloomberg is much more accurate regarding 2 wheels. The Recession has been over for a long time we might even be coming up on the next one.:crazy:

The only "feeling" so far is you asserting that 17 and 18 would be better which I am not arguing they might be, but it will be marginal. From 2002 to 2007 there were around  ~200k in sales in dirtbike. Since the Recession it is around 1/2 of that or less,  and my contention is that given the age graph and they way the last Recession impacted 40 & 50 somethings that things might not get better and I have yet to see sales figures that disagree. You are likely correct regarding Europe and Global & International but I am not talking about that.-1x-1.png.c1c0369993899744629b6d2fb80e7650.png834424083_-1x-1(1).png.87a8b49bc9c7d07ff83ed9f6019d73fc.png

• Like 2

Is it really necessary to say I'm hung over ? Your own link shows zero factual evidence sales are dropping , in the USA from 16-18 sales have increased ,the trend is upwards

Your link also only goes to 2014 so isn't very current , you say mine isn't incisive but only as they prove you wrong ....you have as usual nothing zero nada to back up what you say ,even your own link , the demographic one has nothing to do with total sales , incisive NOT ...

If you can't read a simple graph that you have posted I don't know what more to say ,other than you are wrong

Dropping is downwards ,the graph you show is relatively flat going slightly upwards , maybe you have different ways of interpreting graphs to the rest of the world ?

Since the recession finished sales are up , in the last few years sales are up ,forecasts predict sales continue to go up

It's a little worrying faced with that you believe you are still correct

But carry on with your glass half empty ways ,doesn't affect me

• Like 1

While a compound annual growth rate of about 2.36 percent over 24 years isn’t cause for huge celebrations, the overall picture is better than that.

Sales are up again (slightly) and 2015 marks the 5th consecutive year of slight increases in U.S. motorcycle sales. The 2015 sales total for street bikes, dual-sport and off-road motorcycles is 500,678.

Your own graph says 500k sales of MOTORCYCLES !

This is just bikes no atv or utv , so will you accept you are incorrect? Nope ....

These are facts , off road and road mirror each other as seen by your own links

While a compound annual growth rate of about 2.36 percent over 24 years isn’t cause for huge celebrations, the overall picture is better than that.

Sales are up again (slightly) and 2015 marks the 5th consecutive year of slight increases in U.S. motorcycle sales. The 2015 sales total for street bikes, dual-sport and off-road motorcycles is 500,678.

Your own graph says 500k sales of MOTORCYCLES !

This is just bikes no atv or utv , so will you accept you are incorrect? Nope ....

These are facts , off road and road mirror each other as seen by your own links

Y'all sound like a dumb broke record. [emoji43][emoji12][emoji15]
  • Haha 1