jz125

motocross In a memo to Suzuki, what would you think if they???????

Along the same lines, when you sell a bike strip off all that expensive aftermarket stuff that was put on and sell it separately if need be.  It adds almost nothing to the resale value of a bike.   I'm finding more and more that people buying used bikes really want them to appear as stock as possible and clean.  No ugly stickers, no beat up plastic.  Maybe it's just me, but it seems that black plastic also is a price killer.
Whyte bikes sell fastest

20 minutes ago, HevyRotashunz said:
1 hour ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

Along the same lines, when you sell a bike strip off all that expensive aftermarket stuff that was put on and sell it separately if need be.  It adds almost nothing to the resale value of a bike.   I'm finding more and more that people buying used bikes really want them to appear as stock as possible and clean.  No ugly stickers, no beat up plastic.  Maybe it's just me, but it seems that black plastic also is a price killer.

Read more  

Whyte bikes sell fastest

That may be.  You can sure make the plastic look a lot better than any other color.

• Like 2

Cheap isn't often good value or a good investment

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mog said:

Cheap isn't often good value or a good investment

Neither is paying for an overpriced Eurolabel. Especially if they leverage it down by doing the manufacturing in China or India for 1/4 or 1/8 the cost then putting on the said label and passing the sweet cash difference to themselves.

We have seen that game here for the last 25 years e.g. very little of that Asian cost "savings" is passed on the !!$1000!! iPhone buyer... :ride:

• Like 3

You see that Dyno of the hoped up yzf250 ? It's in the shootouts thread , it cost 10k to get more hp than a STD sxf ....maybe the 10k sxf looks good value against a 20k yzf ? For the average guy obviously not ,but for a serious racer the Jap bikes will cost almost double the sxf ,and have much shorter service intervals , the sxf can and will do 50 hours with a fast rider ,the yzf lucky to go 20 ,you will say that's 250s for you ,but that's a cop out , not everyone wants needs or likes 450s

Again you get a yz 125 , it's a bit cheaper than a sx 125 ,now work out how much it costs to find 3 hp from bottom to top,your taking 2-3 k and again your service life if half the sx

Next you will argue you don't need that power ,it won't make you faster ,I say who wants to start a race on a bike 10% down on hp ?

Buy cheap ,spend loads

• Like 1

Zhee good doctorz ishz back! Diz topicz is veeeery closh to zhee good docTORZ heartz unt mindz. Zee rmzheeeeeeee 450FISHteeee izz untz de pinniteshticlez of the half unt LEETerz clashz.

Edited by KableXL
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, mog said:

You see that Dyno of the hoped up yzf250 ? It's in the shootouts thread , it cost 10k to get more hp than a STD sxf ....maybe the 10k sxf looks good value against a 20k yzf ? For the average guy obviously not ,but for a serious racer the Jap bikes will cost almost double the sxf ,and have much shorter service intervals , the sxf can and will do 50 hours with a fast rider ,the yzf lucky to go 20 ,you will say that's 250s for you ,but that's a cop out , not everyone wants needs or likes 450s

Again you get a yz 125 , it's a bit cheaper than a sx 125 ,now work out how much it costs to find 3 hp from bottom to top,your taking 2-3 k and again your service life if half the sx

Next you will argue you don't need that power ,it won't make you faster ,I say who wants to start a race on a bike 10% down on hp ?

Buy cheap ,spend loads

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

And here we go.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

What part don't you understand?if you have a race bike , and it takes an extra 10k to get it to the same level as a 10k bike ,it's really expensive to buy the 1k cheaper bike , economics 123

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mog said:

What part don't you understand?if you have a race bike , and it takes an extra 10k to get it to the same level as a 10k bike ,it's really expensive to buy the 1k cheaper bike , economics 123

I don’t understand how your record keeps skipping and playing the same tune over and over and over and over and over and over again.

• Like 2

It's called pro forum TT

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MANIAC998 said:

I don’t understand how your record keeps skipping and playing the same tune over and over and over and over and over and over again.

because dumb asses keep making the same dumb argument....  I doubt it sticks this time but at least he tries, and mog's point is valud/true...   so I think b you're barking up the wrong tree.  

to 99% of people racing mx a faster bike just means they get on the brakes sooner....races are still won by riders and races are still won in the corners.....riders are not created equal as a fast rider on a slow bike will beat a slow rider on a fast bike,,,,pointless thread as they are what they are....deal with it

Edited by Budlite
  • Like 3
  • Helpful 1

This thread was about yellow bikes, but just like all threads in this forum it gets turned into a thread about why you shouldn't buy anything other than orange.  I'll bet you guys are fun at parties :snore:

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Budlite said:

to 99% of people racing mx a faster bike just means they get on the brakes sooner....racers are still won by riders and races are still won in the corners.....riders are not created equal as a fast rider on a slow bike will beat a slow rider on a fast bike,,,,pointless thread as they are what they are....deal with it

But the Suzuki is heavier, worse brakes and worse overall handling, so the point remains, does it not?

1 hour ago, Budlite said:

to 99% of people racing mx a faster bike just means they get on the brakes sooner....racers are still won by riders and races are still won in the corners.....riders are not created equal as a fast rider on a slow bike will beat a slow rider on a fast bike,,,,pointless thread as they are what they are....deal with it

100% of riders are faster on a better bike, so why not buy the better bike?  in fact most do,  as evedinced by the fact that the price of bikes having little affect on what sells.   

I love Suzuki dirt bikes. Ever since racing a friend’s TM125 one weekend when my 125 Elsinore was down with a gearbox issue. Back then, the gates were filled with 125 Elsinores, which were “known” to be the best bike. Every magazine review said so, and Marty Smith and Tommy Croft proved it every weekend. After experiencing the fantastic turning capability of that TM I wondered why everyone wasn’t on TM 125s. I bough a new RM 125 two years later. To this day, that was my favorite bike. Amazing handling and trademark Suzuki turning capability.

If I were shopping for a bike to race modern MX on, I wouldn’t hesitate to buy a new Suzuki. I’d be happy about the discounts. Maybe they don’t win the tech sheet comparisons, but I wouldn’t care. Everyone was wrong back then ((Elsinores are better) and I believe “they” are still wrong about Suzukis. To each their own.

• Like 4

The thread changed from Suzuki to " would you buy a Suzuki at a good discount " few do...so we explored why ,and it's because of resale and then you do spend money to make it better ( face it we all do )

So that's where we are in the thread ,still no one buying them ,I have bought 3 in total and one burned me bad

• Like 3

On 12/6/2018 at 4:45 AM, Chaconne said:

Things you don't like to hear are doom and gloom, that is pretty lame. Expensive sales and growing market share has nothing to do with the overall pie size.:facepalm: And where is your PROOF that the pie is getting larger?????? It certainly is not the showroom floor.

I would be happy if the sport were growing and there was uptake and new riders coming in buying bikes. And ATVs and SxSs and other things weren't selling so well. But that is not what is happening.

Nobody said dirtbikes will go away entirely, my guess is they will be a small, shrinking, and more expensive segment for some time in the US. In Europe and elsewhere I don't know. There might be some good growth Europe & Asia and developing areas.

SXS racing is growing so fast that GNCC just dropped them from their racing series..... 

https://gnccracing.com/events

So that's where we are in the thread ,still no one buying them....  

That’s true, but I’m not presently considering any other new MX bike either. I have recently ridden a newer RMZ250 on familiar trails, and liked it quite a bit. I wasn’t racing it on a modern MX track with the goal of beating other riders on other brands. I just know I like how it handled, and could enjoy owning it for the riding I do. I just don’t think it’s “dumb” to buy a Suzuki, even though they could surely improve it if they ever felt so inclined (weight/e start). 

Different bikes work well for different riders.

• Like 2
  • Helpful 2

2 hours ago, KTMRider4Life said:

100% of riders are faster on a better bike, so why not buy the better bike?

NOT true. Most riders are fastest on the easiest to ride bike, not the one that tries to kill you the fastest.

Be honest, how many average joes out there use ALL the power the bike has, ALL the braking power, and even push the suspension to it's limit?

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1