hawaiidirtrider

What you want for Christmas for you and your bike?

What to get???

I don’t need anything really but my old SG10’s are beat up. I might want some new boots if I can find a cheap price. I might get some polisport plastic swingarm guards. That’s cheap and useful. Im good with just running with what I got other than that. No special present for me needed at all. I look for deals all year long.. Sometimes after Christmas is a good time to buy too ..

Something like this.. haven’t decided on color yet. 

5C9FD4B4-5AC4-4370-B999-49064EBED5F4.jpeg

D1E8276C-F364-44F1-B56A-21A49ED9EE18.png

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 1

This is in no preferred order, but things i would like for riding in general:

1) Renew my Shelton Dirt riders membership for 2019 that will be about 145.00

2) OI Removal kit for my 2018 300rr I know i have argued on the OI system behalf. I still believe that the system does not contribute to catastrophic failure anymore than anything else. My reason for wanting to remove the system is i think its easier to jet the bike and get it to run smoother with the OI removed. Also oil is easier to get. for instance the motul 800 is easier to get than the recommended  710.

3) The seat concepts low wide comfort seat. I dont think the stock seat is bad, i just think this seat is more comfortable.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Eric72 said:

2) OI Removal kit for my 2018 300rr I know i have argued on the OI system behalf. I still believe that the system does not contribute to catastrophic failure anymore than anything else. My reason for wanting to remove the system is i think its easier to jet the bike and get it to run smoother with the OI removed. Also oil is easier to get. for instance the motul 800 is easier to get than the recommended  710.

closet OI remover. We won't judge you either way. :jawdrop:😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Not for Christmas, but my Beta needs a refresh this winter, it still runs great but it has enough hours to warrant a top end job. The plastics are showing their age and use plus the graphics are looking pretty bad from my knee guards, problem is I can't find ones I like so stock may go back on. $200 for graphics is ridiculous and even tho I can't get 14 graphics Sierra has other years that look good for less than $100. For myself, a Zac Speed chest protector with the medium size backpack in order to get the weight off my lower back by eliminating the butt bag.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eric72 said:

Renew my Shelton Dirt riders membership for 2019 that will be about 145.00

Eric, 

I'm about 2 hours south of SDR and considered getting the membership last year. It would be a mid week winter ridng spot for me predominantly. 

What are your impressions of the place. Enough riding there to keep a guy occupied for a handful of winter/Spring ridng days? 

How's it hold up once rains really hit? 

Adding another NW ridng area might be a nice Christmas gift this year! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, firffighter said:

Eric, 

I'm about 2 hours south of SDR and considered getting the membership last year. It would be a mid week winter ridng spot for me predominantly. 

What are your impressions of the place. Enough riding there to keep a guy occupied for a handful of winter/Spring ridng days? 

How's it hold up once rains really hit? 

Adding another NW ridng area might be a nice Christmas gift this year! 

I think this area is a work in progress, but year by year it will be better as it is developed further. The single track is not very hard, but is challenging enough to be fun even for those with advanced skills. The soil is the same as the puget sound enduro riders land and tahuya. The trails hold up better than Tahuya cause they do not get the traffic that Tahuya gets. Trails hold up as well as any other area when we get a lot of rain.The trails are not very well marked, so you have to explore the area to find the trails. The more you get to know the area the easier it is to find the trails. There is a good amount of dirt roads you have to ride to connect the trails. All of these issues are things we are slowly addressing as we move further. More tails will be built this winter starting the second week in January. TMC will be holding the wet duck again this year on SDR land. We plan to build 40 more miles of both single and double track this winter. We have one of the best trail designers in the business who worked in Oregon for 20 years.

In my opinion it is one of the safer area`s to ride in the PNW. With just under 500 members and almost 20000 acres the likely hood of a head on is rather low. Your also behind locked gates, so vehicle break ins are rare. Your also members with those who are of like minded when it comes to respecting the land and being a good stewart to the sport. John does not just let everyone join, you will be interviewed to make sure you are the type of person he wants as a member. If your a single rider you will pay 50$ more than me the first year cause of a one time key fee. Unless you loose your key, then it will cost you another 50$.

Check out the facebook page if you are on facebook. There is a lot of information about SDR and what goes on. I am a weekend warrior, so i ride mostly on the weekends. This winter i will be splitting my time between SDR and Tahuya. I grew up at Tahuya and i want to play a little more out there. If ya have a saturday or sunday off and want to ride at SDR let me know we might be able to work something out.

• Helpful 1

46 minutes ago, Eric72 said:

I think this area is a work in progress, but year by year it will be better as it is developed further. The single track is not very hard, but is challenging enough to be fun even for those with advanced skills. The soil is the same as the puget sound enduro riders land and tahuya. The trails hold up better than Tahuya cause they do not get the traffic that Tahuya gets. Trails hold up as well as any other area when we get a lot of rain.The trails are not very well marked, so you have to explore the area to find the trails. The more you get to know the area the easier it is to find the trails. There is a good amount of dirt roads you have to ride to connect the trails. All of these issues are things we are slowly addressing as we move further. More tails will be built this winter starting the second week in January. TMC will be holding the wet duck again this year on SDR land. We plan to build 40 more miles of both single and double track this winter. We have one of the best trail designers in the business who worked in Oregon for 20 years.

In my opinion it is one of the safer area`s to ride in the PNW. With just under 500 members and almost 20000 acres the likely hood of a head on is rather low. Your also behind locked gates, so vehicle break ins are rare. Your also members with those who are of like minded when it comes to respecting the land and being a good stewart to the sport. John does not just let everyone join, you will be interviewed to make sure you are the type of person he wants as a member. If your a single rider you will pay 50$ more than me the first year cause of a one time key fee. Unless you loose your key, then it will cost you another 50$.

Check out the facebook page if you are on facebook. There is a lot of information about SDR and what goes on. I am a weekend warrior, so i ride mostly on the weekends. This winter i will be splitting my time between SDR and Tahuya. I grew up at Tahuya and i want to play a little more out there. If ya have a saturday or sunday off and want to ride at SDR let me know we might be able to work something out.

Eric, 

I really appreciate the help and information! It sounds like a great opportunity to get involved with a really good ridng area in the works. It'd be a lot of fun to have a chance to volunteer, get to know fellow like minded riders, and have a safe and secure place to enjoy ridng. 

I think I'll try to stop by and talk with Jon soon. It seems like a good fit for me and the type of atmosphere I enjoy. 

I would definitely enjoy a chance to hook up for a ride this winter. I have a very flexible schedule, so weekends are often available as well. 

Thanks again Eric! 

• Like 1

NIB Fox RC2 shock should arrive in the next couple days. Present from the 

Lectron. Should have no concerns fitting it with the Fox shock on the 2018. Keep reading reviews and you read 1 really good one and then 1 that recommend the factory carb. Still undecided but AOMC has them for $372 thru Monday so need to decide quick.

IMS tank. - Only time i'd really need it is when we go out west to ride once or so a year so definitely not a need.

Was looking for some fox comp 5 Offroad boots but no where has them discounted so will continue to wait until I find a decent deal

Edited by 17YZ250F
  • Like 2

I d only like time and health for riding!

hard to get sometimes!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 17YZ250F said:

Lectron. Should have no concerns fitting it with the Fox shock on the 2018. Keep reading reviews and you read 1 really good one and then 1 that recommend the factory carb. Still undecided but AOMC has them for $372 thru Monday so need to decide quick.

I’ll give you $100 for your stock keihin.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shrubitup said:

I’ll give you $100 for your stock keihin.

If i end up getting the Lectron, i'll be keeping the stock carb just in case or when it comes time to sell this one. 

21 hours ago, shrubitup said:

emperor racing skid/pipe guard!

I was looking into these for my new 250xcw. Seem to dang pricey though, plus the struggle I've had installing emperor racing skids is extreme, a pipe/skid combo just seems like a nightmare installation to me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’d like a rekluse for my 2016 350 EXC-F but they are expensive so I’m looking if I can get a used one and I’m thinking on possibly trading my 2014 350 SXF that has only 52hours and I installed headlights and tail lights and radiator fan for a 300 EXC or XCW  or 300 Beta.

• Like 1

I'd like one of these.....

g011LxLkObJ1F1CPUFT037Mpckg_E0apcW0yPAoT

And a pair of Crossfire 3 TA (if they fit wide feet as advertised)...

Crossfire-3-TA-Wht_Or_Blk.jpg

• Like 2

- Hard anodized uppers (that is shorted) 

- RAD valves, 0.114 tube for the Stick and few N3** needles (into negotiations with that old guy Santa). 

- a new pair of road helmets as the old ones were stolen few months ago (Santa guy refuses to even speak about Shoeis as they have become ridiculously expensive) 

• Like 2

Do a restore/refresh on my 300. Biggest thing is fixing the flat spots on the frame cradle, as well as straitening one of the tubes out...lesson is, don't do hard-enduro stuff on the stock skid plate...it will thrash your frame. Some of the other things I want to do is new plastics/graphics, also install the hard coated 'zoke uppers and new wheels I have just sitting in a corner of the garage. I wanted to buy a new 300 in '19, but figured the new ones were enough of an improvement over my '15 race...especially with as much time and money I have into it. So, I basically want it to make it feel like a new bike.

• Like 5