Sign in to follow this  

KX250 hard for me to start

Hello! New to this forum. I just got a KX250 1998, I absolutely love the power, etc. Only 2 things that I could use some help on, first is it’s very high for me, I’m 5,5 and 110 pounds. Also i can’t for the life of my kick start it, it’s not the bike it’s me, my boyfriend gets it first kick so What I’m asking is, is there any way to lower it, and what are some techniques to get a better kick. I started with a 125 and could kick it, I also can kick my boyfriends 450 four stroke. 

62770CD3-7A24-4462-8669-1624C74EBDA4.jpeg

Edited by Samantha Thompson
  • Like 2

Hello! New to this forum. I just got a KX250 1998, I absolutely love the power, etc. Only 2 things that I could use some help on, first is it’s very high for me, I’m 5,5 and 110 pounds. Also i can’t for the life of my kick start it, it’s not the bike it’s me, my boyfriend gets it first kick so What I’m asking is, is there any way to lower it, and what are some techniques to get a better kick. I started with a 125 and could kick it, I also can kick my boyfriends 450 four stroke. 
62770CD3-7A24-4462-8669-1624C74EBDA4.jpeg.971c4b0e6f76f34a6f9b1a8d7076558b.jpeg

Buy some lowering links you could put smaller rims on custom seat and for the kick starting there’s nothing you can do about that but it’s not getting much lower even with all this stuff maybe 2 inches

Nice bike Samantha , 

250s are tough to start because of the compression and displacement , I have trouble sometimes (5’7” and 155)  in the spring ,mostly when I’m less strong ? 

If you’re kicking a 125 and a 450 ok I doubt lowering is the answer . Practice and leg workouts are prolly more appropriate. First start of the day is done on the stand, give that a try 👍

Edited by ss-racing

Try on stand or atleast left foot on stand compression at top and kick threw to bottom.  98 was first 250 i raced in late 90s really a great 250 ??