Sign in to follow this  

2010 450rr engine parts from ktm

hello guys,

So i want to buy a 2010 450rr but im a bit worried about the parts i can find in US, so since beta uses a ktm engine, which engine would that be? So if i need parts i better look for ktm engine codes instead of beta ones, for example, i was just checking for a beta clutch kit... And couldn't find any in ebay for example... So not sure if is a good investment to buy this bike. I read a ton of possitive reviews, but also want to be covered on the parts side... One thing also is, aftermarket parts, there is not much... OR MAYBE, im not searching well, so would appreciate your advice here (cheers)

1 hour ago, cesarel said:

hello guys,

So i want to buy a 2010 450rr but im a bit worried about the parts i can find in US, so since beta uses a ktm engine, which engine would that be? So if i need parts i better look for ktm engine codes instead of beta ones, for example, i was just checking for a beta clutch kit... And couldn't find any in ebay for example... So not sure if is a good investment to buy this bike. I read a ton of possitive reviews, but also want to be covered on the parts side... One thing also is, aftermarket parts, there is not much... OR MAYBE, im not searching well, so would appreciate your advice here (cheers)

The 2010 Beta 450 rr is an all Beta motor. The 2010 Beta 450 rs is the previous year( 2009 rfs ktm powered Beta. Beta has had all the parts needed in my experience. I have the rfs powered and newer Beta betas. I’ve had Betas since 2009 and parts are available and parts come fast. .. but spend time reading threads on the 2010 betas etc here. 

Here is a 2010 Beta 450. This isn’t a bike with ktm parts. If you want parts you just order and it comes. It has for me at least. I recently had a 2012 350 race edition rebuilt and there’s everything and everything came fast. It’s the same generation Beta as your 2010

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

18 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

The 2010 Beta 450 rr is an all Beta motor. The 2010 Beta 450 rs is the previous year( 2009 rfs ktm powered Beta. Beta has had all the parts needed in my experience. I have the rfs powered and newer Beta betas. I’ve had Betas since 2009 and parts are available and parts come fast. .. but spend time reading threads on the 2010 betas etc here. 

Here is a 2010 Beta 450. This isn’t a bike with ktm parts. If you want parts you just order and it comes. It has for me at least. I recently had a 2012 350 race edition rebuilt and there’s everything and everything came fast. It’s the same generation Beta as your 2010

Thanks for your reply, so 2010 is a beta beta engine, well, then may i ask where do you get your parts from, i would be more confident to get into the beta world knowing at least on place with good stock to order from. Tho,  Very different than ordering parts for yamaha honda etc that you can find in any corner, probably for a select group of riders 🙂

48 minutes ago, cesarel said:

Thanks for your reply, so 2010 is a beta beta engine, well, then may i ask where do you get your parts from, i would be more confident to get into the beta world knowing at least on place with good stock to order from. Tho,  Very different than ordering parts for yamaha honda etc that you can find in any corner, probably for a select group of riders 🙂

I think you need to familiarize yourself with a bunch of threads here. Read up as there have been a bunch of threads asking about Beta.  Beta has been around a hundred or so years and been sold in the USA for awhile. The recent enduro models came out in 2005 and not sure but think it’s 2007 that enduro models have been brought in. It’s like any brand where you buy parts from a dealer or order online. As an example in my case I live in Hawaii and got parts the same or faster than my cr 250 honda that I had before... like 3 days maybe depending? All brands pretty much are easy to get parts these days. Plus dealers of all brands carry very few parts. Everyone orders online. Are you buying from a dealer? Find out where your closest dealer is just to see. Lots that aren’t close to a dealer just order online too but I like to give my local dealer support if possible. 

There are a variety of dealers that also sell parts online . Sometimes I go that route or buy from aftermarket parts dealers around the world and or ebay etc. some parts crossover from other brands depending on what it is. 

https://www.betausa.com/store-locator

look around the betausa site and start clicking and reading. Got reviews and all the manuals for free and suspension services and a bunch of stuff. You can familiarize yourself since I can see you know very little about the brand for now.

54 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

I think you need to familiarize yourself with a bunch of threads here. Read up as there have been a bunch of threads asking about Beta.  Beta has been around a hundred or so years and been sold in the USA for awhile. The recent enduro models came out in 2005 and not sure but think it’s 2007 that enduro models have been brought in. It’s like any brand where you buy parts from a dealer or order online. As an example in my case I live in Hawaii and got parts the same or faster than my cr 250 honda that I had before... like 3 days maybe depending? All brands pretty much are easy to get parts these days. Plus dealers of all brands carry very few parts. Everyone orders online. Are you buying from a dealer? Find out where your closest dealer is just to see. Lots that aren’t close to a dealer just order online too but I like to give my local dealer support if possible. 

There are a variety of dealers that also sell parts online . Sometimes I go that route or buy from aftermarket parts dealers around the world and or ebay etc. some parts crossover from other brands depending on what it is. 

https://www.betausa.com/store-locator

look around the betausa site and start clicking and reading. Got reviews and all the manuals for free and suspension services and a bunch of stuff. You can familiarize yourself since I can see you know very little about the brand for now.

appreciate your input, and in fact, ill start dedicating time to read the beta forums here, i order all online... no dealer visits ;) i only have owned honda bikes, but im interested in this brand as i have seen great reviews, so will learn more to be able to decide on my purchase, and is not the reliability what worries me, is just getting my replacement parts, parts parts parts ;)

Anyway, thanks again, will read more and will see how this ends... and here is a pic of the lady, still not mine but will see...

36989041_10155537025120906_4755324701356589056_n.jpg

• Like 1

The 2010’s are the Beta motor and are considerably more modern than the old rfs motor design.
Owning a 2014 450rs I will say you should check the oil pump gears (THIS IS A BIG DEAL) and install steel ones or new plastic set.
The 45mm Shiver forks are super easy for any suspension tuner to tweak, everything else is more like a modern Beta with a carb. The 450 motor is hmmm, “spunky” in its power delivery. I know personally that the 450 motor can be tuned to have deep woods single track traction and mid-top end that will keep up with most Beta’s. If you buy keep us informed as we can direct you to many happy miles with this bike.....

Enjoy [emoji6]

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Mark-us-B said:

The 2010’s are the Beta motor and are considerably more modern than the old rfs motor design.
Owning a 2014 450rs I will say you should check the oil pump gears (THIS IS A BIG DEAL) and install steel ones or new plastic set.
The 45mm Shiver forks are super easy for any suspension tuner to tweak, everything else is more like a modern Beta with a carb. The 450 motor is hmmm, “spunky” in its power delivery. I know personally that the 450 motor can be tuned to have deep woods single track traction and mid-top end that will keep up with most Betas. If you buy keep us informed as we can direct you to many happy miles with this bike.....

Enjoy

Thanks for your input, got it, in case i purchase will upgrade/update the oil pump gears, before they ruin the engine, i really like the bike design, i think ill give it a try, one question tho, where can i get the steel oil pump gears? as my initial question was related about where to get the parts ? Cheers!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mark-us-B said:

Sierra Beta which is ; motosupply.com
They handle Boano Italy Beta parts, or order directly with Boano.
Sierra has lots of Beta stuff, check out their website
The gears come from Boano.....

Got it thanks! searching aleady 😉 

17 hours ago, cesarel said:

appreciate your input, and in fact, ill start dedicating time to read the beta forums here, i order all online... no dealer visits 😉 i only have owned honda bikes, but im interested in this brand as i have seen great reviews, so will learn more to be able to decide on my purchase, and is not the reliability what worries me, is just getting my replacement parts, parts parts parts ;)

Anyway, thanks again, will read more and will see how this ends... and here is a pic of the lady, still not mine but will see...

36989041_10155537025120906_4755324701356589056_n.jpg

Nice clean bike!!! Yea the info is free and you might as well take advantage of lots of it. Good luck and hope you enjoy . I came from Honda just before Beta. To me the handling seems great and similar. I haven’t had parts issues at all for my 2012 350 or my 300 rr. I think for my 2009 525 I have less choices for plastics. There used to be a red and black plastics available. Now only the white 2009 plastics seem to be available.  In 2009 and earlier there was only a tiny amount of bikes brought into the country. There’s a bunch more coming in later and now. 

Yea there’s Sierra and there are other outlets too. There’s even a thread on buying parts online for beta somewhere here too . . 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Nice clean bike!!! Yea the info is free and you might as well take advantage of lots of it. Good luck and hope you enjoy . I came from Honda just before Beta. To me the handling seems great and similar. I haven’t had parts issues at all for my 2012 350 or my 300 rr. I think for my 2009 525 I have less choices for plastics. There used to be a red and black plastics available. Now only the white 2009 plastics seem to be available.  In 2009 and earlier there was only a tiny amount of bikes brought into the country. There’s a bunch more coming in later and now. 

Yeap, parts is the deal, if you can find parts that is good enough, will see if i can get a good price on the bike.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cesarel said:

The other way is to buy stock gears and just change in spec hours. I went steel gears to though to just forget about changing forever 

• Like 1

Having owned a 2010 450 RR. Awesome bike! Change your oil and filter regularly and change out the plastic oil pump gears every hundred hours and your golden.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Mark-us-B said:

Hawaii is correct that looks to be a clean example. Which right or wrong can command a fair price, at least here in the states. Where are you located?

Im located way to the sauth... in Guatemala, but i get all my parts from the US, well and some car parts from england, but for the bikes since i have always used Honda, all from the US... beta will be a new experience for sure.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

The other way is to buy stock gears and just change in spec hours. I went steel gears to though to just forget about changing forever 

If im going to open that engine, ill do the steel ones.... in fact to forget about them ?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, widebear said:

Having owned a 2010 450 RR. Awesome bike! Change your oil and filter regularly and change out the plastic oil pump gears every hundred hours and your golden.

Awesome bike sounds good! and yes i keep the oil and filters up to date to avoid big repairs, as for the plastic gears , i find those parts very interesting, almost as if beta wanted to get big repairs and sell parts because of that. All the brands do that in some way i guess. thanks for your input!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cesarel said:

Awesome bike sounds good! and yes i keep the oil and filters up to date to avoid big repairs, as for the plastic gears , i find those parts very interesting, almost as if beta wanted to get big repairs and sell parts because of that. All the brands do that in some way i guess. thanks for your input!

Plastic gears are common on bikes. I’d rather have steel too of course. I am not obsessed about weight.  Look how far they have gone actually taking off the kickstarter. At keast with new Betas there’s the option to put a kicker if one wants.

22 hours ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Plastic gears are common on bikes. I’d rather have steel too of course. I am not obsessed about weight.  Look how far they have gone actually taking off the kickstarter. At keast with new Betas there’s the option to put a kicker if one wants.

So check the oil pump gears through the hole of the kickstarter? i wonder if this is something beta told all their buyers, to swap their plastic gears... any way, the bike seller didnt come today, im kind of sad, i really wanted to get the bike today, will see how this purchase goes. 

• Like 1