Sign in to follow this  

Central Valley riders

Hey folks I live in Fresno and have been riding now since April 2018..I love my Yamaha Wr250
And would love to find some folks to go riding with.. I ride the Miami trails, Bass Lake Area and up over by Shave lake.. oh by the way, I’m a chic, and don’t mind getting dirty with boys! Any cool riding groups in the Central Valley?!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Joi2fine said:

Hey folks I live in Fresno and have been riding now since April 2018..I love my Yamaha Wr250
And would love to find some folks to go riding with.. I ride the Miami trails, Bass Lake Area and up over by Shave lake.. oh by the way, I’m a chic, and don’t mind getting dirty with boys! Any cool riding groups in the Central Valley?!

check out the TT thumperette forum too

Take you riding in Hollister.. 

Hey there! Yea I’ve been there but it’s more than a notion to pack up and go 3 hours to ride for then drive back 3 hours..

My wife, kids, family and friends ride with me. We just got back from the desert. Im getting old so not riding every weekend anymore. Next desert trip is Prez day weekend and the weekend after when Clawsons usually hosts a ride out there with raffle and dinner. We will probly go to Hollister soon and maybe Taft. Have you joined or gone riding with the Stewards of the Sierras yet? They do Bass lake area rides and trail maintenance, lots of dual sport style as well.  Is your bike the off road or the DS WR?

• Like 2

My wife, kids, family and friends ride with me. We just got back from the desert. Im getting old so not riding every weekend anymore. Next desert trip is Prez day weekend and the weekend after when Clawsons usually hosts a ride out there with raffle and dinner. We will probly go to Hollister soon and maybe Taft. Have you joined or gone riding with the Stewards of the Sierras yet? They do Bass lake area rides and trail maintenance, lots of dual sport style as well.  Is your bike the off road or the DS WR?

I started another thread asking about the closures behind bass lake at central camp. Was wondering when they close it for the winter. That’s a great place to work on the fundamentals. Plus there’s some super good single track. I see you mentioned Taft. I ain’t rid there in over 10 years. Is it still good behind Taft heights?

Hi mike and thank you for the Reply!! My WR is strictly Dirt.. red sticker.. as much money as I spend at Clawson they should host a ride monthly!! I haven’t joined the stewards but I will look into it! Thank you again!
  • Like 1

I have not been to Taft for two years or so, but have not heard it is closed or changed. The TMP that was created by the USFS a few years ago called for much of the mountains to be closed 12-01 each year without regard for moisture conditions. We know that many years it has hardly rained by that time and the ground is perfect for us. I know that they close many gates for the dirt roads, but I have not heard that they close trails or do anything else to stop you from riding. Im not sure of current rules tho. I would contact the Stewards for latest goings on.

Right now with the snow it’s really either Taft or the desert. Taft is a fun place to ride with a lot of little ravine single tracks and some big hill climbs. I’m in Visalia so not too far away. 

Edited by Guest

I have not been to Taft for two years or so, but have not heard it is closed or changed. The TMP that was created by the USFS a few years ago called for much of the mountains to be closed 12-01 each year without regard for moisture conditions. We know that many years it has hardly rained by that time and the ground is perfect for us. I know that they close many gates for the dirt roads, but I have not heard that they close trails or do anything else to stop you from riding. Im not sure of current rules tho. I would contact the Stewards for latest goings on.

Headed down to Taft from the Bay Area this weekend. Hope we don’t run into any closures... I’m bringing a group of 5. Hope to find some of that canyon single track. How do we contact the stewards for that area?

Taft is more of a rolling hills area, no trees, some decent hillclimbs, but true single track not much if any.

The stewards I spoke of is the Stewards of the Sierra natl forest, the group works in the Madera Fresno sierras areas.

Taft is more of a rolling hills area, no trees, some decent hillclimbs, but true single track not much if any.
The stewards I spoke of is the Stewards of the Sierra natl forest, the group works in the Madera Fresno sierras areas.

I see. Thanks for the reply.

Headed down to Taft from the Bay Area this weekend. Hope we don’t run into any closures... I’m bringing a group of 5. Hope to find some of that canyon single track. How do we contact the stewards for that area?

Taft was fun .but definitely not what I remembered. Seems like the oil fields have expanded into the hills more. On a side note,the people’s house we parked in front of were really nice. Gave us a good sense of security that no one would mess with our stuff. Poor little town has many scetchy characters