Sign in to follow this  

Nostart DRZ No no electric to the cluster

Went to start the bike turned the key and got nothing, no insturment cluster , nothing, that is in the run position. The next click with the key turns on the taillight ok. I have a good battery with a good ground , fuse is ok, there is 12 volts to the back of the key switch( red wire hot). I just dont get it. Is the first position of that switch bad? (The run position )???

I sure could use a few good sugestiones on this one. 

Thanks guys. 

10 hours ago, JC..Santiago said:

Went to start the bike turned the key and got nothing, no insturment cluster , nothing, that is in the run position. The next click with the key turns on the taillight ok. I have a good battery with a good ground , fuse is ok, there is 12 volts to the back of the key switch( red wire hot). I just dont get it. Is the first position of that switch bad? (The run position )???

I sure could use a few good sugestiones on this one. 

Thanks guys. 

So its no cranking power AND no power to the cluster in run positron?
What is your key off bat voltage?
What is the key on bat voltage?
What is the bat voltage when you press the starter button?

As Erik as said you need to be more specific.  Key ON noting at all any place?, no headlight, no crank, no horn, no instruments. Or simply no instruments and other functions work?

Is this a DRZ400? What model? What year?  What electrical mods? E with dual sport kit?

Assuming an S/SM model.  Pull the plug off the key switch and jumper all the wires together.  Does everything work? lights, starter, motor runs, instruments come alive?  Then yes, probably the key switch.