Sign in to follow this  

What "body style"?

Hey all,

I'm applying for a title in the state of Michigan using the TR-205 (basically a last resort self certification that you own the machine for when you cannot find the person who's name is on the title), and I was wondering what to put under "body style". If you've got a titled dirt bike, (preferably in the state of Michigan) let me know what your title says in that field.

Thanks!

19 hours ago, William1 said:

Motorcycle

Alright... That's what I thought, but when I took it to the SoS, I was met with some resistance.

7 minutes ago, Traxxasman10 said:

Alright... That's what I thought, but when I took it to the SoS, I was met with some resistance.

Three or less wheels is a motorcycle. A quad (or golf cart) is typically written as 'Farm Equipment'. If the VIN is verified by the state as a 'non-on road compliant' it might be flagged as a ORV. That can be a bike or a quad not legal for on road use.

31 minutes ago, William1 said:

Three or less wheels is a motorcycle. A quad (or golf cart) is typically written as 'Farm Equipment'. If the VIN is verified by the state as a 'non-on road compliant' it might be flagged as a ORV. That can be a bike or a quad not legal for on road use.

Makes sense... Thanks!