Sign in to follow this  

Can a tm250 piston work in a rm250?

Going through my dad's old storage unit I got my 76 suzuki rm 250 out and it's running great. As I'm digging through stuff I found another rm 250 motor complete but it needs a bore and a new piston. Been looking for a wiseco 366p4 but I can't seem to find any online. But doing a little research somebody said I could use a 1975 tm250 piston they have the same bore and stroke as the 76 rm250. Any ideas would be appreciated. Like to have a spare complete motor for my rm250...

Checked those sites out. They're the same site all lead to a scammer site from what my bank told me.

Just I can get a wiseco 380p4 aka tm 250 cheaper than a resleeve. Piston and rings for $60 compared to a $350-$450 new sleeve. Besides I'm on a limited income...

Oh thanks for the info.. already searched their site and called them. The biggest size is a 70.50mm piston. This other motor has one in it already but has a .007 taper on cylinder so I need a 71mm or .040 os. The reason for this other motor was I used to race my rm. So having a spare was great just in case I blew the motor. Figured  be safe than sorry. 

Now my boys and grandson are racing now I'm getting the bug back. And in our local area there's a vintage mx race group. No prizes or cash. most of us are in our late 40 to 60s and have fun riding/racing.

yep tm or ts piston fits, needs a little machining

I run one in my 76rm250..i think it is 3rd oversize or 1 mm, I cant remember but the piston skirt was machined off a little bit