suzuki ts250 1971

I just bought this bike, the issue is the taillight doesn't work, the PO said it won't work without a battery, but the headlight does work, is this rite? anyone know? thanks. I can't find a wiring diagram yet.

22 hours ago, porter1 said:

I just bought this bike, the issue is the taillight doesn't work, the PO said it won't work without a battery, but the headlight does work, is this rite? anyone know? thanks. I can't find a wiring diagram yet.

Did you check and see if the taillight bulb is good?

Obviously it's a different bike, but my 79 Yamaha DT 125 will start and run the lights without a battery, but it is a 6 volt system. 

The lights and horn work much better with a battery, but it will run without it.

• Like 1

I have read that the oil injection must be hooked up on this bike to supply oil to the bearings, is there any way to bypass it and run premix?

On some oil injected bikes, the main bearings are remote from the main crankcase by a baffle or separate seal. Based on the following post from another site, and an older TT thread, yours looks like one of them. It's your bike, so your choice. 

NOT ON A SUZUKI!!!
You will fry the bottom.
Full throttle and line up the marks on the oil pump pulley.
Suzuki used a "Slinger" on the cranks that captured oil from the main bearings (large caged ball bearings) and forces it into the big end of the rod. If you rely solely on pre-mix, you will toast the big end bearing. The "CCI" that is on the side cover and elsewhere, stands for cylinder, crank injection. The system was a more positive way of lubricating the vital parts. It was also called "Posi-Force" injection way back when I started at the company.

Also, this TT thread:

• Like 1

It's a 6v system like YZ250F49's DT125.  Check first to make sure there's a 6 volt, not a 12 volt, bulb installed. Here's a wiring diagram that might help if it's not the bulb.

001.jpg.774b21bfe59ddd3830e137877e04e278.jpg

• Like 1

ok, now I hooked up the oil injection, but the tank is full of premix, and now I here a rattle from the engine at times, can to much oil cause a problem?

4 hours ago, porter1 said:

ok, now I hooked up the oil injection, but the tank is full of premix, and now I here a rattle from the engine at times, can to much oil cause a problem?

Other than fouling a plug, no.  That engine rattle could be anything from nothing to a worn out top and bottom end. If you're not familiar with them, old air cooled 2T's weren't exactly known for quiet engines. If it was mine, I'd at least pull the top end down for a look see.

drained the tank to about 1/4 and put in straight gas, rode it today some and heard no rattle. seemed to run smoother, I have had 50cc 2t's but nothing this big, seems to me the Suzuki JR50 also had a rattle to it. thanks for the reply.