Sign in to follow this  

2019 Pitster Pro lxr190

Let me start this with letting you all know that I also have a Klx 110 that I was planning on building but wanted to try the China bike to see if it was good enough to rip around on without spending $5000 on my klx build so don’t tear my head off please. I just have some questions for those of you out there that have owned these bikes and what the plus and minuses are. I was looking at doing a wheel change, front fork, rear shock, clutch kit and big bore kit on my klx. That was going to run more then this bike cost, plus if I don’t like this bike I can take all of the suspension components off and wheels, swingarm and throw it on my klx I think. I just got the bike and took it out of the crate and was in the middle of tearing it down to grease and loctite everything but was called out of town for work. I like the fact that the bike is 1 down 4 up and it has electric start. Surprisingly after unboxing it didn’t look to be a cheaply built bike. Kind of had the same build quality of some ktms that I have bought brand new. I’m sure I will find some things that I don’t like and change it but time will tell all. I definitely want to change the shift lever. It is really cheap and looks like it will be in the way. I will also probably rewire it with a ktm wiring kit I have laying around and change the electric start to be on the right hand side . Another reason for rewire is to remove that stupid key ignition. What in the heck is that about? Feels like it belongs on a Harley Davidson not on a pit bike. Please let me know if you have any input. 

I have the GPX, same importer. Pitster Pro & GPX offer a lot of models. Quality is coming close to the other big name brands.

According to post on Faceplant, the website is updated with more parts to mod with. I'm always hearing more is "in the works". I'm not seeing much of a "downside" to these bikes.

Oh I like my key. I Dualsport my TSE so I feel it's a little security.

I find that the stock Chinese made bikes tend to break easily but I would think the more after market parts you put on the less chance of that happening

I was looking at the 190 in Pitsters showroom the other day.  Pretty impressed with the bike as a whole.  I have been looking for a mid sized bike that my wife or daughters can ride and feel comfortable on.  The FastAce suspension is good.  The motors are good.   You would have to spend a fortune on a klx110 to even approach the stock performance of the 190 from Pitster.

Pitster has been around for a long time.  Same company, same people.  They have played a big part in getting the Chinese bikes up to the standards that they are now.  You are not buying the bike out of a "van down by the river".  There is a brick and mortar wharehouse with Americans working to make the customer happy.  They do not want their customers calling and complaining all day, so they do their best to provide a quality product.

OK OK, I'll get off the fan boy rant.

• Helpful 1