CR500 Swapped Alta Redshift?

4 hours ago, Hoover388 said:
4 hours ago, dirtjumpordie said:
Has anybody CR500 swapped an alta yet?  I'd pay to see it!  
Anybody wanna tackle the project? We can make a task force dedicated to the mission

Why? The chassis is the least appealing point on the alta...

^ 1,000% Incorrect as hell, but thats not what we're here to talk about. This isn't shark tank.  You don't have to pipe in and verbally say that you're out! Lol 

But ill tell ya "why" anyway.  The best part about a CR500 swapped alta is the symbolism.  Much like a gesture in which you raise a certain digit on your hand when you see somebody in a prius (covered with "I hate america" stickers) texting and driving while dawdling at 60mph in the left lane of the interstate where the speed limit is 70mph.  (No offense, californians.  Ik thats your thing. Dont take it personal.  I wont flip you off if I see you do that in Cali, but I will flip you off if i see you ever do that in America!)

The 2nd best part about a CR500 swapped alta is that its about the only way an Alta will ever finish a woods race.

The 3rd best part is that you dont have to haul a generator and a charger with you to the track.

The 4th best part is that no matter what you do on a bike, it would be cooler if you had a CR500 engine.

Edited by dirtjumpordie
  • Like 4

Wow, dirt biking sure attracts the rednecks. It's weird because the actual activity is so similar to DH MTB but the demographic it attracts is so different. My input is to do the swap both ways and end up with a 500cc Alta and electric Honda. Then when you're done posting photos of them on the internet go ride a KTM 300 and Freeride E.

Wow, dirt biking sure attracts the rednecks. It's weird because the actual activity is so similar to DH MTB but the demographic it attracts is so different. My input is to do the swap both ways and end up with a 500cc Alta and electric Honda. Then when you're done posting photos of them on the internet go ride a KTM 300 and Freeride E.
I don't think your pejorative use of Rednecks is within the behavioral expectations of this website. Many Rednecks are good people, you should refrain from otherizing what you don't understand, it's intolerant.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lelandjt said:

Thank you for recognizing that I am a redneck.  I do also ride DH MTB, so I'm not sure what prompted that racist comment! lol.  

My plan is to swap the Alta motor into my washing machine.

I think the whole electric bike thing is cool as an alternative to a standard mountainbike.  Pedal assist electric downhill bikes are pretty awesome IMO.  Not against the "new" (its not actually new) technology.  Just not without a backup plan (pedals/hills) for making the bike move forward.