Best Enduro Computer ?

Thinking of contesting the local Enduro series next year and want to get set up for time keeping. I believe three are only a couple time keeping events I the series with the rest being sprints or isde style events. I am wondering what would be better an ICO computer or a Trail Tech device of some sort? I assume the trail tech would be more useful outside of racing? My biggest question is how you download the time sheet or route into your device? Is it very time consuming?

• Like 1

Checkmate if you want to use one for timekeeping enduros. They are $360 + tax. The Trail tech stuff are not Enduro computers, they are simply a resettable odometer. If you're just going out for fun a resettable odometer can work fine , it just requires more attention from you. I won a short course enduro with a stock KTM unit, roll chart and watch. Do I guess you can still be competitive without s true computer but it's definitely harder.

To enter the info into the checkmate takes me about 30 seconds a line. So about a 1/2 hour for the typical long course that has 60 lines. The checkmate also let's you download from another checkmate that is already programed. 

Edited by GreenMT_Rider

Checkmate if you want to use one for timekeeping enduros. They are $360 + tax. The Trail tech stuff are not Enduro computers, they are simply a resettable odometer. If you're just going out for fun a resettable odometer can work fine , it just requires more attention from you. I won a short course enduro with a stock KTM unit, roll chart and watch. Do I guess you can still be competitive without s true computer but it's definitely harder.
To enter the info into the checkmate takes me about 30 seconds a line. So about a 1/2 hour for the typical long course that has 60 lines. The checkmate also let's you download from another checkmate that is already programed. 
Thanks for the info. Sounds like ICO is the way to go.

On 11/28/2018 at 7:37 AM, dirtbikesonny said:

Thinking of contesting the local Enduro series next year and want to get set up for time keeping. I believe three are only a couple time keeping events I the series with the rest being sprints or isde style events. I am wondering what would be better an ICO computer or a Trail Tech device of some sort? I assume the trail tech would be more useful outside of racing? My biggest question is how you download the time sheet or route into your device? Is it very time consuming?

stuff had progressed easy being just time keeping. check out rally navigator and rabbit road book. they are applications that make a huge improvement over trying to make paper road books work. 

GPS guided enduros are a BLAST and smartphones work very well for them. the applications are so far advanced and easier to use than the old stand alone units, it's amazing

• Like 1