Sign in to follow this  

3 required, none listed.

maybe im missing something, but im working on the engine of my '98 XR250 and trying to source some bits for it.

there are 3 needle roller bearings inside that need to be replaced, 2 on the clutch actuation shaft in the right side cover, and one in the left side of the crank case that supports the shift drum shaft.  I can't seem to find them on any micro fiche list...??. Also there is a Viton seal that runs on the end of the crank shaft that seems not to be on the fiche...

any one know where to find these parts ? 

17 hours ago, ramz said:

Something similar was discussed in 2007:

https://thumpertalk.com/forums/topic/463551-yet-another-teardown-question/

However, I do recall that someone eventually found the bearing sizes and part numbers...

I'll keep looking...

:ride:

Hello, and thanks again Rick...

I did source the bearings they are NTN1210-V7 drawn cup needle rollers. I checked out the NTN site and all cross checks with a stock off the shelf bearing (except the V7 suffix).  Per the web site this suffix means "special condition".  I've been in manufacturing long enough to know that the special condition is a "proprietary"  agreement with Honda to force bearing sales to them...

now on to the Viton oil seal that feeds the crank shaft, mine got FUBAR during extraction, and I think this part is somewhat critical...

any leads on this part would be nice...

"I did source the bearings they are NTN1210-V7 drawn cup needle rollers."

Where did you find the part numbers revealed?  Honda Service Manual or Parts Catalog or other?

Inquiring minds want to know.

20 hours ago, ramz said:

"I did source the bearings they are NTN1210-V7 drawn cup needle rollers."

Where did you find the part numbers revealed?  Honda Service Manual or Parts Catalog or other?

Inquiring minds want to know.

I found the part number on one of the three bearings after extraction.   I had to make a puller to get these little tirds out, and my puller kinda made a mess of them during removal.  luckily however, one bearing end was still intact enough that I could read the markings.

no such luck on the Viton crank end seal, Im wondering if this seal comes in a bottom end gasket kit ???

Just a thought........

Think about a well known engine builder you might send an engine to for a rebuild. Like Thumper Racing or the like. They surely have sources for things like this. Might call and talk to someone. Might stir up some leads.

I did a lot of bottom and top end work last winter on my 2001 xr250r. Bought a separate seal kit and replaced all the crankcase seals. Pretty sure the crankshaft end seal was part of the kit. I'll try and get you a few more details.

It was a winderosa kit. Item number 192432725953.

• Helpful 1

I've been down this rabbit hole on other Hondas. The reason they are not on a part fiche is they are part of an assembly. One of my transmission bearings was a special Honda size and part of the case assy, a TT member traced it back to an early 80s CR so I had a Honda part number, but I found a substitute at a local bearing store.
Post up the ID/OD and length of the bearings and we can find them. The seal should have a size code on it or the nominal ID/OD. If not post up the Shaft OD, the bore ID, and seal thickness.

• Like 1